Sponsored

Rumor: GT500 BASE MSRP is 67k

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang
Not really!!!
No, just more dollars, than sense, but thats true of any first year performance car. I feel like most that over pay are also garaging, or doing serious track, the "average guy" never really has a shot at a 1st year nice car. I make good money, but due ot markups a new GT350 wasnt even in my price range till the 2018 model and the markups finnally came to a close.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
This guys whiny voice and baby face makes me want to reach through my screen and punch him in the face.
Yeah this dude reminds me a LOT of that twat waffle Parker or whatever from Vehicle Virgins. That Street Speed guys is just a drama queen now. I've never really had a problem with Matt Farah although I can understand why many don't like him but at least he's never been click baity or for the most part. And he's out there driving a lot of stuff and getting different experiences. These press event videos are all the same garbage. Some stupid headline in big bold red letters saying "OH MY GOD EM ESS ARE PEE IS ELEVENTY BILLION DOLLARS! BLARGASAURS REX! BLOODY MARY WITH BACON HELL! YOU'LL NEVER GUESS WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CAR AT WALMART!!!!!!!!"

Starting to get VERY sick of youtubers. Thatdudeinblue and Alex Flores (yolodouchebag) are about the only ones I really follow now.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red Vert
....the GT350R has CF rims and wing too. The price difference isn't that huge.
Don't confuse the Handling Pack with the CF Track Package. There may be some similarities but I'm gonna say a fully loaded CF Track pack car is going to be at least 15-18K plus over a base car...Keep in mind these are different wings, wheels and totally different front aero pieces, PSC2 tires and then add in the Recaro upgrade,CF interior and such. What I'm also thinking is the track pack may have additional or larger coolers but I haven't been able to find that info...The other thing that leads me to believe this is the exclusivity factor premium. There won't be a lot of them produced in this spec which will push the pricing bar further.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
No, just more dollars, than sense, but thats true of any first year performance car. I feel like most that over pay are also garaging, or doing serious track, the "average guy" never really has a shot at a 1st year nice car. I make good money, but due ot markups a new GT350 wasnt even in my price range till the 2018 model and the markups finnally came to a close.
I think he's also suggesting potential issues with a first year product with several new major components (i.e., let somebody else beta test it :D)

Sponsored

qdog9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Didnt the 350R also have recaros? or are the GT500 recaros different than those

Yes, the GT350 came STANDARD with the Recaro seats. The Tech Pack in '16 and the Convenience Pack in '17 - '19 "upgraded" to leather touring seats and that wasn't even an option for the R cars.

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Didnt the 350R also have recaros? or are the GT500 recaros different than those
Can't remember if the R had Recaros as part of the R package but someone who owns one would likely know.
The point I was trying to get across was that 67K is for the BASE package only on the GT500.....It doesn't include the Handling or the Handling plus the CF Track pack addions...There is just no way they are only adding 8K for all those goodies and in the limited top spec numbers that will be produced as such...
Hell if they do I'll change my mind and opt for the top of the line versus base offering as long as the ADM aren't stupid.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
Can't remember if the R had Recaros as part of the R package but someone who owns one would likely know.
The point I was trying to get across was that 67K is for the BASE package only on the GT500.....It doesn't include the Handling or the Handling plus the CF Track pack addions...There is just no way they are only adding 8K for all those goodies and in the limited top spec numbers that will be produced as such...
Hell if they do I'll change my mind and opt for the top of the line versus base offering as long as the ADM aren't stupid.
I guess he's reverse engineering it from GT350 vs. GT350R, the latter adds both CF wheels and a CF wing, and everything else relatively equal (and some minor cosmetic differences), those two cars are ~$8K price difference.

However, we know there's a Handling Package that adds a few things that are also part of the CFTP, and that's got to be $3K-4K, so even splitting the difference (i.e., it wouldn't get the HP SWing), that's another $2K for from base to CFTP to add the adjustable shocks, and the extra aero components. Then I figure the price difference in 20" wheels is a bit more, and wing is way more exotic than the GT350R wing, another $1500-2000 more?

There's my $11,999.99 CFTP option price :)

Concrete GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess he's reverse engineering it from GT350 vs. GT350R, the latter adds both CF wheels and a CF wing, and everything else relatively equal (and some minor cosmetic differences), those two cars are ~$8K price difference.

However, we know there's a Handling Package that adds a few things that are also part of the CFTP, and that's got to be $3K-4K, so even splitting the difference (i.e., it wouldn't get the HP SWing), that's another $2K for from base to CFTP to add the adjustable shocks, and the extra aero components. Then I figure the price difference in 20" wheels is a bit more, and wing is way more exotic than the GT350R wing, another $1500-2000 more?

There's my $11,999.99 CFTP option price :)
You forgot the Gurney Flap.....that's gotta add 5K, right? LOL...:crackup:
I hope I'm wrong about it being so much because it will be a helluva lot of car for the money if so.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeaaaaaah, I'm not buying this clickbait garbage. Not even watching it because I'm not giving them the views.

If this woman were a reputable source, SOMEONE would know who she is. My guess is it's a car show girl who just decided to throw out a number that sounded right.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
My Roush RS3 stickered at $72,000!!! This might put them out of Mustang conversion business...

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
My Roush RS3 stickered at $72,000!!! This might put them out of Mustang conversion business...
Sponsored