Sponsored

Rumor [Autocar]: 2023 Mustang will be AWD Hybrid V8 (in Europe Only)

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
It's possible........and it did cross my mind, but I don't think there was anything there that isn't on 10 other websites.......besides, its just conjecture with nothing "official" leaked.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Don't care for the front end treatment at all
No, that one's not that good looking at all, and if you looks closely at the middle of the grille, you can see the image is pixallated, so they didn't spend long in Photoshop!

That being said, I can see them going to a larger single grille, as opposed to the split version (upper/lower) we have now. The GT500 headed in that direction, although the bumper bar is black to hide it.

Big single grilles are clearly an "in thing" at the moment. I think they mostly looks horrible on saloons, but cars like the latest F-type Jaguar and the Aston Martin Superleggera can prove a big single grille can look awesome.

I still find this one odd.....it was an official rendering shown as part of the Mach E launch. It's clearly not a Mach E.....and clearly not an SUV, so why this rendering was released to the public seems odd to me. But, give that a proper air-flow grille (as opposed to the blanked off EV version) and I wouldn't be surprised to see something similar on S650.
S650 7.jpg

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Another extremely unlikely speculation. It'd price the Mustang out of the market, except if it was a Shelby... but doubt many such owners would buy one anyway. I, for one, would NOT buy that car, so at least one (58-yr) old fart is out of the potential customer pool too. Ha ha. I might buy a Tesla for my wife soon, but a hybrid? Never; worst of both worlds IMO, but to each his own.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I tend to wait a year or two before buying new tech. Letā€™s see what issues the first adopters have before joining the bandwagon. Besides, they always leave something on the table for an ā€˜upgradeā€™ later as sales diminish. That would be the time to buy in my opinion

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
That's the direction everything points to (V8 rear wheels, electric front wheels, awd).

I was initially going to wait for that when I had my 2016 but the more I thought about it, the more I realized it'll just get heavier and more complicated and it's already heavy enough as it is.

I now have a 2020 Bullitt instead.