Sponsored

Rubbing with lowering springs and spacers

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
Hey guys so I really like the look of spacers on a lowered car. Right now I’m running 25mm spacers with performance package rims and Michelin tires in the factory size. I currently have a little poke almost flush at stock ride height so I’m concerned that if I do lowering springs it’ll rub or hit the fender. If I was on the pirellis I’d be confident but these Michelin tires are just so wide with the curb protection they add. I know lowering should add some camber to help and the wheel tucks inward as it goes over a bump but it still concerns me. Can anyone confirm whether they have this setup and if they have any issues. Thanks
Sponsored

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hey guys so I really like the look of spacers on a lowered car. Right now I’m running 25mm spacers with performance package rims and Michelin tires in the factory size. I currently have a little poke almost flush at stock ride height so I’m concerned that if I do lowering springs it’ll rub or hit the fender. If I was on the pirellis I’d be confident but these Michelin tires are just so wide with the curb protection they add. I know lowering should add some camber to help and the wheel tucks inward as it goes over a bump but it still concerns me. Can anyone confirm whether they have this setup and if they have any issues. Thanks
I do not have the same setup, but I did have a 25mm spacer on stock 20 inch wheels with coilovers that ruined 2 of my front tires when cornering. I suggest 17mm spacers. I do not have spacers anymore with different wheels.

OP
OP

17Magnetic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 premium mustang gt black accent package
I do not have the same setup, but I did have a 25mm spacer on stock 20 inch wheels with coilovers that ruined 2 of my front tires when cornering. I suggest 17mm spacers. I do not have spacers anymore with different wheels.
I don’t believe I can do anything less than 25 with these wheels. I’ve heard a 23 on the back would be the lowest spacing with these. I’ll definetly keep in mind what you said though.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Rub or get rid of the spacers.
Sponsored