RPM drops on 2019 GT

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Your pic is definitely strange, in that the solenoid doesn’t stand out. Do you see two empty holes where the mounting bolts once were?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
Your pic is definitely strange, in that the solenoid doesn’t stand out. Do you see two empty holes where the mounting bolts once were?
Nope, no holes at all.

1652638528471.png

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I wish I could be of help to you. Hopefully someone in the know will chime in soon.

Basspro302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt
Well, I tried to find anything that might look like evap purge valve, and my best guess is this little buddy

photo_2022-05-15_18-46-38.jpg

How do I find more about this part?.. It's number is EU5A-9G866-BD, but there is nothing solid on it in internet.
That is the purge valve

Sponsored

NeedForGreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Well, isn't it a good idea to replace them from time to time?
Can you describe the issue you had back then?
Oem plugs should be good for 100k miles. Some do replace 30 to 60k.

I was having my rpms go up and down at random times at idle or at stop lights. I was also having random misfires without any codes showing.

OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
Oem plugs should be good for 100k miles. Some do replace 30 to 60k.

I was having my rpms go up and down at random times at idle or at stop lights. I was also having random misfires without any codes showing.
Well, sounds familiar, I think I'll take your advice and check them out!

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Premium California Special
@Mike,

I have a 2020 Mustang GT, California Special, automatic, with about 13k. My exact same issue as yours started this year. I had my mechanic friend clean the throttle body and mass air flow sensor, and it seemed to help. However, the issue still pops up every now and then at a red light with no set pattern. My idle goes all the way down to 500 and the car shakes, but it quickly rises back to 600. It does not stall. No error codes either.
I'm going in for a service towards the end of the month or in June. I will let you know if they find anything.

OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
@Mike,

I have a 2020 Mustang GT, California Special, automatic, with about 13k. My exact same issue as yours started this year. I had my mechanic friend clean the throttle body and mass air flow sensor, and it seemed to help. However, the issue still pops up every now and then at a red light with no set pattern. My idle goes all the way down to 500 and the car shakes, but it quickly rises back to 600. It does not stall. No error codes either.
I'm going in for a service towards the end of the month or in June. I will let you know if they find anything.
Hey, thanks for that! I'm going to somehow find a spare part (evap purge valve) and replace it. I'll keep you posted as well.

By the way, you said that your friend managed to fix it, although it still happens. Was it different? Less frequent now?

Sponsored

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Hey, thanks for that! I'm going to somehow find a spare part (evap purge valve) and replace it. I'll keep you posted as well.

By the way, you said that your friend managed to fix it, although it still happens. Was it different? Less frequent now?
After the throttle body and mass air sensor cleaner, it showed up less and the idle did not drop as much.

OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
@Mike,

Hey buddy, I got some bad news, replacing evap purge valve didn't help. It was okay the whole day, but after I filled up the tank, it happened again.

Next I'm checking spark plugs. Looking forward for your updates.

njweatherman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
Hey buddy, I got some bad news, replacing evap purge valve didn't help. It was okay the whole day, but after I filled up the tank, it happened again.

Next I'm checking spark plugs. Looking forward for your updates.
My car is scheduled for service on Tuesday, May 24. I listed the idle drop as one of my issues. I'll find out if there are any stored codes. BTW - I'm at 13,200 miles, and this will be my 4th oil change. I read on here that some say it could be due to dirty oil and VCT solenoids. I highly doubt my oil is dirty:)

OP
OP
Maclay74

Maclay74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019
My car is scheduled for service on Tuesday, May 24. I listed the idle drop as one of my issues. I'll find out if there are any stored codes. BTW - I'm at 13,200 miles, and this will be my 4th oil change. I read on here that some say it could be due to dirty oil and VCT solenoids. I highly doubt my oil is dirty:)
Lol, mine is on 24th too.
I've changed oil, filter and fuel pump, no difference.