Sponsored

ROYAL CRIMSON S550 MUSTANG THREAD

MFRAce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 401A/PP/MR/AE/Royal Crim
So the sun finally came out today, the first time since Monday when I picked up the car. I am really enjoying this color, its very rich. Here are a few pictures from this morning, I tried to capture a few angles and get across how direct sunlight changes the color appearance a bit. I'm no photographer though..

20171124_110422.jpg

20171124_110348.jpg

20171124_110400.jpg

I'm really loving the 10 speed automatic, they really made it feel 'special' in sport+ and track modes, its really engaging and thrilling to drive. Magneride is incredible as well, this car feels so much more planted than my previous Mustang.

The active exhaust is really aggressive, massive kudos to Ford for taking the risk and putting out something so loud on the GT.

With the digital dash and all the other new additions to this car, it really feels like it's on another level entirely.

I'm getting Tints done tomorrow, and will have to change the tires out in a few days as the cold is starting to set in here in Oregon. More pictures and updates to come.
Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
It is a very classy look [MENTION=23469]MFRAce[/MENTION] . I'm very much into tasteful modding but this looks pretty damn good from the get-go.

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
this is the first time I've had a car where I am really reluctant to modify or change anything.. it just seems so well done.

MFRAce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is a very classy look [MENTION=23469]MFRAce[/MENTION] . I'm very much into tasteful modding but this looks pretty damn good from the get-go.
Point taken, I was on the fence about getting it tinted. I appreciate the feedback and I'm going to take some time to think about it. I'm going to cancel my appointment for tomorrow.

Thanks!:cheers:

Sponsored

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Point taken, I was on the fence about getting it tinted. I appreciate the feedback and I'm going to take some time to think about it. I'm going to cancel my appointment for tomorrow.

All good, congrats on your new ride :thumbsup: When it starts to warm up I'm sure you might change your mind but for now...:cheers:

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT

you won't miss it so much right now but once spring returns.. you'll be second guessing it again :)

there is nothing wrong with a tasteful light window tint. I think it actually improves aesthetics, but looks aside.. the important part is it's functional role. I love having window tint.

either way - do what you like, not what others want for your car!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
The comments on tint here makes you realize just how much the perception varies based on where you are. I can understand the shitty cars with shit tint application that bubbles after a few months, but dark tint is basically standard on cars down here. Both for privacy and also to block out the sun in general.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

I am not a fan of tinting, but you can get the sun protection and cooling benefits now without making the windows darker. They make clear "tint" now that blocks heat and UV about as well as the darkest tints.

Don't get me wrong. I can understand dark tint if you pick your nose a lot in traffic or leave bars of gold sitting out in the open in bad parts of town but other than that, why hide your nice interior or pretty face? ;)

Vader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Car looks great, royal crimson is a badass color on these cars. I'd say go for the tint, especially if you keep the black wheels on it. Will make it all flow together. Also it will keep the interior more cool and make it less likely for your interior to fade/crack (I know it does in Texas anyways lol).

So the sun finally came out today, the first time since Monday when I picked up the car. I am really enjoying this color, its very rich. Here are a few pictures from this morning, I tried to capture a few angles and get across how direct sunlight changes the color appearance a bit. I'm no photographer though..

I'm really loving the 10 speed automatic, they really made it feel 'special' in sport+ and track modes, its really engaging and thrilling to drive. Magneride is incredible as well, this car feels so much more planted than my previous Mustang.

The active exhaust is really aggressive, massive kudos to Ford for taking the risk and putting out something so loud on the GT.

With the digital dash and all the other new additions to this car, it really feels like it's on another level entirely.

I'm getting Tints done tomorrow, and will have to change the tires out in a few days as the cold is starting to set in here in Oregon. More pictures and updates to come.

Sponsored

Vader

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
I did a quick edit with subtle tint and dark tint, not sure what you had in mind but this will give you an idea if you want tint or not.

jtumhh.jpg

9scdxs.jpg

MFRAce

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did a quick edit with subtle tint and dark tint, not sure what you had in mind but this will give you an idea if you want tint or not.
Wow, thanks for that!! This will definitely help.

:clap2:

entaiiie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' GT
PPF and opticoat applied courtesy of benchmark auto salon in Lynnwood, WA. :)

C32YtWF.jpg

0Lb3tj5.jpg

some shots out in direct sunlight, I hadn't really seen it in this condition yet (this color is really interesting and very dynamic..)

7NIxlGM.jpg

QiVvqjC.jpg

qIDbePi.jpg

FNVcGVU.jpg

Last edited:

Chumley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350, '18 GOLF R, '09 BMW 335
Wow! Really sharp, congrats!