Sponsored

ROYAL CRIMSON S550 MUSTANG THREAD

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Can't say that I like this color more than Ruby Red. Has much more of a brownish tint to it.
I would probably prefer Ruby over this one as well, but from the pictures it does not really look very different.

So now that we have 2 similar dark reds and two similar blues and 2 whites it would only be appropriate to bring back Screaming Yellow for those who think Triple Yellow is too pale.

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I have a 2013 Ruby Red F150 and in certain light it has a brown/burnt red color. But in high noon sun its beautiful. I think this color will react similar to that. Low light - brown, Bright sun - deep gleaming red/wine

But I do wonder why another red:confused:

Hey Ford, there is a big color pallet out there, mix it up a bit!!!!!!!:ford:

Dig-It

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
GT500KR (0758), GT500 (N2617), GT500 (N3432)
This is the color of my next Mustang.

Sponsored

Spartan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer Sport
Finally home so I can upload the pics from today! Overall in person the car looked no better to me. There is just something off about the front end that I cannot get over.
What time were you there on Sat? I definitely liked it. Wish we had a coupe..really wanted to see in that form.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
crimson.jpg

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
Looks like some form of pre-production grille. The current EcoBoost grille is also closed on the sides but in a lot more sophisticated way than this one which looks to have some piece of cardboard glued behind the mesh.

WaltA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT Convertible
Looks like leather from a real bull instead of the pleather we have.
True, the leather interior appears to be a lighter tone than the Dark Saddle of '17. However, I am unsure if the interior color is indeed changing for '18. It could instead be because of the show's lighting or because of the lack of calibration of the camera taking the picture.

Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
What time were you there on Sat? I definitely liked it. Wish we had a coupe..really wanted to see in that form.
I was there from about Noon to 2:30!

Some elements of the design I like such as the hood but I just can't get over those headlights and bumper. I absolutely hate that cutout in the headlight that serves no purpose. The lower half the bumper is just terrible IMO. Again, it looks like 3-4 different people designed the front end and each had their own vision of what it should look like.

StangMaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'69 Convertible
I think it looks quite nice as a convertible, but I think it would look even nicer on the coupe with a tan interior. A black interior in either might make it appear less spectacular and cheapen the overall appearance. I really wish Ford would go to a brighter shade of silver (near aluminum) for a Stang paint, that would be outstanding!

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vert did not have the digital dash. Gauges looked identical to 2015-17 but can't rule out different lighting or gauge needle color.
Yeah, but I don't think its a 'vert thing. The digital dash won't be included in a base car.

z460

MR.BIG SHOT
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
f250
i can't deal with this color damn if it were Avalanche Grey with some BBS CH-R II wheels black and grey recaro seats

Last edited: