Roush Warranty

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
So, I'm getting a dealer built Roush Stage II on my custom order car. I don't want to mess around with the warranty and I understand Roush is pretty strict when it comes to aftermarket parts.

My question is will something like a Borla Switchfire pipe or a Corsa Extreme exhaust void my warranty?

Thanks.
Sponsored

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
I would double check with your dealer, but I would think that anything after the Cats would be ok.

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Yup, thats m6 understanding as well.

hossman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Contact Roush Performance at 800-59-Roush and ask them directly if it will affect your warranty? Like Stanger1 said it shouldn’t, but better to go directly to the source.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Nothing you add to the car will effect the warranty unless there is a problem and it can be proven that the parts you added caused the problem

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Nothing you add to the car will effect the warranty unless there is a problem and it can be proven that the parts you added caused the problem
Roush has specific wording in their waranty about no headers or you void the warranty.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Roush has specific wording in their waranty about no headers or you void the warranty.
Doesn’t matter what they say. In fact use of special wording or language is illegal. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, passed by Congress in 1975, is the federal law that governs consumer product warranties . Read it

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Headers are just a type of exhaust manifold. So if your car needs new ones you can install any kind of replacement you want without effect to the warranty. As long as they do not damage the car. Like making a chevy header fit your mustang. It is your choice and is protected by the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

OP
OP
Matthewstorm

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Doesn’t matter what they say. In fact use of special wording or language is illegal. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, passed by Congress in 1975, is the federal law that governs consumer product warranties . Read it
Roush doesn't seem to care a whit about the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. What am I gonna do, take them to court for denying my warranty claim?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
My experience with Roush is that they are more accommodating than their warranty would lead you to believe. Of course, they could enforce precisely what is written but I question if they really ask the tech if the car has a cat-back or other relatively minor mods. Besides, the Roush tune seems to be quite safe. The chances of major issues appear to be slight.
Sponsored