Sponsored

Roush Warranty (Ford Protect Extended Warranty Plan)?

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium, PP1, Manual, Magneride
I’ve read a bit about the Roush warranty on their supercharger. (When installed by certified a mechanic). But I haven’t seen any questions regarding how that effects the Ford Protect Extended Service Plans.

Will the supercharger basically wipe out the majority of the components warrantied through those extended plans? (engine, transmission, rear end, etc). My guess is that it will, which means purchasing them almost pointless. But just curious to see if anyone has had any experience with it.

Thanks!
Sponsored

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
The Roush warranty will take over so to speak the running gear, everything else will still be warrantied by Ford. Thats how it works here but instead of Roush, its Tickford, im sure it would be the same in the US but Roush instead of Tickford.

OP
OP
ammoman

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
I believe that is just for the standard factory warranty (3 yr/36k miles). I was asking about the extended Ford warranty (FordProtect Extended Service Plan). Those have different deductible and go as long as 8 years from date of purchase and over 100k miles.

#1Roadking

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joshua
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 2019 Ford Raptor 2018 Cadillac Escalade
Yes, power train would be voided on Ford Protect but everything else would still be covered.

OP
OP
ammoman

ammoman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ammo
Vehicle(s)
Yes, power train would be voided on Ford Protect but everything else would still be covered.
That’s what I thought. Bummer because it negates the majority of those warranties!
Sponsored