Sponsored

Roush Treasure Trove in Utah?

2016Gruv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So there's a local dealer here in Utah that has a bunch of 2015 Roush Mustangs in stock. Brand new. Never been sold. I talked to them about a since-sold Stage 2 and the sales guy told me there was a recall on some door parts which kept them from being able to sell them for over a year. Now they've had them all sitting for going on three years, and the prices keep dropping. I've got an order for a 2018 GT pending, but a brand new Stage 3 for $50k sounds pretty enticing. Anyone have any knowledge of the backstory behind this or seen something similar elsewhere? I think everyone is a little gunshy about a car that's sat unsold for that long.

https://www.performancefordbountifu...ission=&normalDriveLine=&lastFacetInteracted=
I really tried buying a Mustang from this dealership, even settling on a price for a particular car, but they fumbled the deal. Even after wasting an entire day on the failed deal, they continued to prove their ineptness selling me a new car. This was 17 months ago. Perhaps things have improved.

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
True, but when you look at the prices of new ones, you're getting a brand new Stage 3 with a full warranty for the price of a 2018 GT Premium. I'm not going to buy one yet, but it is tempting. The Race Red one looks wicked in person.
Roush cars are ridiculously over-priced. $50K is about the price-point they should be given you could buy a premium GT in the low $30's, with discounts, blower kit is about $8,500, installed, active exhaust is $1,500, suspension upgrades maybe $2,500, wheels/tires $2,000 so you could replicate everything but the cosmetics for +/- $45K. For a long-term play, I'd say go for it but if you are one who swaps cars every 12-18 months, you're likely going to take a bath.
Sponsored