Sponsored

Roush Phase 2 (installed by Ford) or Whipple Stage 2 (Installed by shop) on my 2021 GT Premium?

Which kit should I get?

• Total voters

Lbj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT. A10 auto
I have a friendthat has the Roush stage 2 and he loves it when or if i go Supercharged it will get the Roush or ford performance i think they are the same thing
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, the numbers are high but remember it's the exchange rate against the USD.

I was wondering about tires. I like the Nitto's so far but they do spin a bit when I really send it for the first couple of gears. If I go with Da Silva Racing I may ask Ross what tires they recommend for the Steeda staggered setup that I'm running.
Oh yeah I forgot you're not in the U.S. Pricing makes sense now.

Reactions: MCS

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
So get the R2 for the rears?
To be honest, I never tried them myself, but aside from very fast wear, they have pretty positive reviews in FI forum. I have different goals than you, and I run 305/30/19 square.

You really don't have much choices in 305/35/19 size, apart from couple michelin options, these nittos and some more extreme M/T DR options.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
To be honest, I never tried them myself, but aside from very fast wear, they have pretty positive reviews in FI forum. I have different goals than you, and I run 305/30/19 square.

You really don't have much choices in 305/35/19 size, apart from couple michelin options, these nittos and some more extreme M/T DR options.
Yeah I saw a guy who ran MT rears on his Whipple 2021 GT. He ran another brand front tire and MT rears to keep traction. I'm looking for a good mix of streetable and traction for light to light stuff.

Not sure I want tires I need to replace everything 4 weeks LOL I'll have to check some reviews on the R2 when I get home from vacation.

Ghorse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I think the Nitto R2 will be a good choice for you. It's probably the best option for an all around tire for the hp you'll be making. I run two sets of wheels, one for track and one for street, but if only running one set I would consider that tire.

Sponsored

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
I run a 275/60/15 MT ss on my 2104. Great dry weather traction. I cut 1.5x 60 ft times with ease at the track and dip into the 9s on em. I get about 5k miles out of a pair

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
If you don't drive it much or hard the nitto R2s are fine but they do wear quick. From personal experience, on the street the R2s wont hook any better than mp4s or indy500s unless you get them hot or get a larger size tire. If your building a mostly street car I'd pass on them. I hook just as good on the street with mp4s and indy500s as the R2s and both last way longer.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
So get the R2 for the rears?
The G2 can't handle NA power. The R2 is a streetable DR that can hook power but still handle rain so kind of the best of both worlds.

NJMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Trackhawk-2" Kooks, pully, CAI, cat back
Vehicle Showcase
Not positive, but would the warranty come with the Whipple kit? I remember a few years back a shop discounted the Whipple kit. The name of the dealership escapes me at the moment.
Granger was offering it on Mach1s, may still. I didnt order with them tho, just cuz of how far it was to travel.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The G2 can't handle NA power. The R2 is a streetable DR that can hook power but still handle rain so kind of the best of both worlds.
I'll read some reviews and then see if I can source them locally. Probably be around $500 a tire LOL

Sponsored

Brad1810r80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang 2018 F150
I got a 305/35r20 r2 nitto and they’re been great with my hp level 750-800 and have lasted 8k miles.

I'll read some reviews and then see if I can source them locally. Probably be around $500 a tire LOL

TX-Ripper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 Whipple Stage 2 / 2018 F150 5.0 Whipple Stage 2
Roush has a stellar reputation that they damaged when they released the 2018+ 2.65 blower.

It has two major design flaws.

First is the intercooler brick with limits the base performance of the supercharger even without turning it up.

Second is the inlet opening (throttle body size)

if you’re going to invest money in a supercharger regardless if you are going to be the one that turns it up or not your investment is based off of what you’re adding.

Instead of spending $15,000 adding a Roush supercharger you should buy a car with a Roush already installed. There are plenty being sold for the base price of the car.

The Whipple gen5 is the opposite of the flawed designed Roush 2018+ 2.65 blower.

Whipple cars retain more of the money poured into them.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Whipple really pulled from behind on the poll lol

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
My dilemma; I'm looking at installing a Supercharger on ye olde Mustang.

I'm not looking to break land speed records
I'm not looking to run 9-second quarter miles at the track (although 10 is nice)
I'm not looking to have bragging rights of 800 rwhp at the car shows
I'm not looking to have the "Fastest Mustang Ever" cause there will always be someone faster

What I am looking for is something a little special, something fun. In the city, light to light, maybe a little fast acceleration when getting on to the highway. You know what I mean.

So which kit would provide the best power and torque for city driving or highway driving? Reliability, dependability, low maintenance etc? Note: If you choose one or the other it would be great if you gave reasons why other than "That's what I have" LOL

ROUSH KIT (installed by Ford):
Includes: Kit, Install, CAI, whatever else they do at the Ford Dealership when installing one of these
Cost: $15,000.00 CDN + Tax
ETA: 5-7 weeks
NOTES: They stated it includes CAI although someone said it comes with the kit already.

WHIPPLE KIT (installed by Mustang-focused shop)
Includes
: Kit, Install, Data Logging/Tuning, and Antifreeze upgrade cause stock is too corrosive.
Cost: $16525.00 CDN + Tax
ETA: Could be up to 10 weeks
NOTES: They said they could tune 91, 93, 94 whatever I wanted but 91 octane minumum
You and I have the same goals. I have a 2019PPL2 with the Roush Phase 2 (and a few other goodies) and could not be happier. Watch this video.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
My dilemma; I'm looking at installing a Supercharger on ye olde Mustang.

I'm not looking to break land speed records
I'm not looking to run 9-second quarter miles at the track (although 10 is nice)
I'm not looking to have bragging rights of 800 rwhp at the car shows
I'm not looking to have the "Fastest Mustang Ever" cause there will always be someone faster

What I am looking for is something a little special, something fun. In the city, light to light, maybe a little fast acceleration when getting on to the highway. You know what I mean.

So which kit would provide the best power and torque for city driving or highway driving? Reliability, dependability, low maintenance etc? Note: If you choose one or the other it would be great if you gave reasons why other than "That's what I have" LOL

ROUSH KIT (installed by Ford):
Includes: Kit, Install, CAI, whatever else they do at the Ford Dealership when installing one of these
Cost: $15,000.00 CDN + Tax
ETA: 5-7 weeks
NOTES: They stated it includes CAI although someone said it comes with the kit already.

WHIPPLE KIT (installed by Mustang-focused shop)
Includes
: Kit, Install, Data Logging/Tuning, and Antifreeze upgrade cause stock is too corrosive.
Cost: $16525.00 CDN + Tax
ETA: Could be up to 10 weeks
NOTES: They said they could tune 91, 93, 94 whatever I wanted but 91 octane minumum
I put a Roush Phase 2 on mine this past November and I'm really happy with it. The tune for the Phase 2 is very good. I went with Roush for a couple of reasons. First the warranty. Second I have emissions every two years and the Roush tune allows me to pass. Third is that I kind of liked the Roush/Ford affiliation. I've got Roush axle backs, Xpipe resonator delete, Gforce Outlaw axles, Steeda subframe braces, vertical links and a few other goodies. Before I put on a pair of 305 /35 /19 Nitto 555r2 drag radials the car was just insane at wot but the Nitto's did the trick. I'm going to take it to the strip when it cools down a bit here in Missouri. Good luck.
20220714_175420.jpg
Sponsored