Sponsored

Roush Phase 2 (installed by Ford) or Whipple Stage 2 (Installed by shop) on my 2021 GT Premium?

Which kit should I get?

• Total voters

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
With your stated goals, you're going to have a blast with it. I did add a few goodies to make mine a bit more dependable and enjoyable to drive. I added half-shafts, single piece driveshaft, MGW shifter, Steeda clutch peddle spring, OPG, Roush X-pipe, and some BMR suspension parts. Like you, I am not looking to be the fastest/quickest...I just wanted to have something fun. Good luck!
Sponsored

Reactions: MCS
OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Did anyone get Ford to install Catch Cans when they had theirs done (assuming a Ford dealership did yours?). I'm thinking of ordering the UPR Oil Separators but not sure the Ford guys are gonna wanna install those LOL

Roush Supercharger UPR Dual Oil Catch Can Plug N Play

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Did anyone get Ford to install Catch Cans when they had theirs done (assuming a Ford dealership did yours?). I'm thinking of ordering the UPR Oil Separators but not sure the Ford guys are gonna wanna install those LOL

Roush Supercharger UPR Dual Oil Catch Can Plug N Play
I installed the same ones last Friday. Was a little PITA since instructions are garbage, but it can be done. You can do it. I will take pictures of mine if you need it.

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I installed the same ones last Friday. Was a little PITA since instructions are garbage, but it can be done. You can do it. I will take pictures of mine if you need it.
Still waiting on a local Ford dealership to see if they want to match the dealerships price that was 45 minutes away. Once I place the order I'll probably order these and see if they can install them for me as well at the same time. Although I'm not sure if Ford would do that.

jmorris47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I contacted Roush right after I received my car and they told me they do not see a need for the catch can. However, this weekend I was tinkering and noticed a small trace of oil in the breather hose that connects at the front of the supercharger. I may install the same setup just to be safe.

As I mentioned in my above post, I upgraded the oil pump gears during the supercharger install. Probably not needed BUT I since the front of the engine was torn down I thought why not.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I contacted Roush right after I received my car and they told me they do not see a need for the catch can. However, this weekend I was tinkering and noticed a small trace of oil in the breather hose that connects at the front of the supercharger. I may install the same setup just to be safe.

As I mentioned in my above post, I upgraded the oil pump gears during the supercharger install. Probably not needed BUT I since the front of the engine was torn down I thought why not.
That is what I am thinking as well. If the front end of the car is off might as well have them do it. Ford (local to me) said they need another day or two to hear back from their sister dealership which is a Roush authorized dealer.

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
If Ford is now giving the same kind of warranty through Ford Performance on the Whipple I would go Whipple.

Its a superior design

OP
OP
MCS

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
If Ford is now giving the same kind of warranty through Ford Performance on the Whipple I would go Whipple.

Its a superior design
They aren't; not yet. Whipple and Ford are working on something but the guy had no idea when that would be done. Besides, I'm not looking to add power down the road. I'm good with 750 lol
Sponsored