rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1- w/Roush phase 2
Howdy Everyone,

I live in the Sacramento area of California. Ordered a 2020 GT with the above named Roush package from an out of state Ford dealer (a lot cheaper than I would’ve paid here!) So I’m giving a shout out to any California owners with the same or similar setup. I’ve been told by the dealership there’s no problem with smog and this car is supposedly 50 state legal. Just curious if anyone living in California has had any issues smoging one of these cars. Thanks.
Jeff
Sponsored

Andrew@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2003 10th Anniversary Cobra / 2003 Ford Lightning
Howdy Everyone,

I live in the Sacramento area of California. Ordered a 2020 GT with the above named Roush package from an out of state Ford dealer (a lot cheaper than I would’ve paid here!) So I’m giving a shout out to any California owners with the same or similar setup. I’ve been told by the dealership there’s no problem with smog and this car is supposedly 50 state legal. Just curious if anyone living in California has had any issues smoging one of these cars. Thanks.
Jeff
California legal indeed.

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Care to mention where? From my research there are only 11 states that sell Ca smog compliant vehicles. I may be wrong.

Sponsored

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Care to mention where? From my research there are only 11 states that sell Ca smog compliant vehicles. I may be wrong.
Hi, I ordered mine from Lebanon Ford of Ohio. They told me the Roush Package was 50 state legal and has the CARB certification. I don't have the car yet so am basically taking them at their word. This is why I was curious if anyone from Calif. with the same package has had any issues with smog. Because the car is coming from out of state I'm pretty sure Calif. requires I have it tested before I can register, even though it's brand new. Thanks.

Jeff

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Hi, I ordered mine from Lebanon Ford of Ohio. They told me the Roush Package was 50 state legal and has the CARB certification. I don't have the car yet so am basically taking them at their word. This is why I was curious if anyone from Calif. with the same package has had any issues with smog. Because the car is coming from out of state I'm pretty sure Calif. requires I have it tested before I can register, even though it's brand new. Thanks.

Jeff

Thats awesome. I hope it all pans out. Going to be a beast with a warranty.

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Hi, I ordered mine from Lebanon Ford of Ohio. They told me the Roush Package was 50 state legal and has the CARB certification.
Great choice!
It is INDEED 50 state legal. No worries.

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20

Jeff
I had to smog my car when I brought it into CA. I bought my car in Utah and had the dealer install a Stage 1 Whipple. It was pretty easy but they will also need to inspect the vehicle at DMV.

Sponsored
OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
I had to smog my car when I brought it into CA. I bought my car in Utah and had the dealer install a Stage 1 Whipple. It was pretty easy but they will also need to inspect the vehicle at DMV.
So I assume you need to get it smog checked before making your DMV appointment? Thanks

Kmp013

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 1990 Chevrolet Suburban 2500 4X4 1971 Chevrolet C20
So I assume you need to get it smog checked before making your DMV appointment? Thanks
Yes, do it before and they can do the vin inspection the same day so you only have to go once.

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
When you buy a car from out of state, and the dealer knows it’s coming TO California...its technically on them to make sure it has the California compliant sticker underhood.

just went thru this last year on a focus ST and the dealer had to offer to buy it back.

OP
OP
rain6460

rain6460

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Thanks guys, I’m definitely going for the smog check before anything else! Jeff

War-Machine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium PP1, Shadow Black
How much did that end up being if you don't mind me asking? I have seen Lebanon Ford and another out of state dealer with these types of specials and it has me dreaming of getting one haha
Sponsored