monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Hi guys,

Just purchased the roush CAI for my 2021 Stang GT. I installed it, and dont like the fact I had to lose my sound symposer tube. Has anyone figired out a way to jerri-rig a connection to retain it???

Thanks Anthony
Sponsored

BoostN IT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Hi guys,

Just purchased the roush CAI for my 2021 Stang GT. I installed it, and dont like the fact I had to lose my sound symposer tube. Has anyone figired out a way to jerri-rig a connection to retain it???

Thanks Anthony
I cut my sound tube off with a sawzaw and never looked back.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Most people remove it so I don't know that you'll get much input on how to retain it. Typically aftermarket Cai manufacturers recommend getting rid of it too.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Most people remove it so I don't know that you'll get much input on how to retain it. Typically aftermarket Cai manufacturers recommend getting rid of it too.
Well, thanks for reply. I hope there are a few like me out there. Lol. I can tell u, after installing the roush CAI without tune, because I dont wanna ruin my warranty that the stang is slower than when running stock box w a K&N panel filter. I'm ripping raoush off and sending it back. No thanks

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Well, thanks for reply. I hope there are a few like me out there. Lol. I can tell u, after installing the roush CAI without tune, because I dont wanna ruin my warranty that the stang is slower than when running stock box w a K&N panel filter. I'm ripping raoush off and sending it back. No thanks
Yeah I ran jlt for quite a while and on pump gas the difference isn't noticeable. Looked and sounded great! Lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
Yeah I ran jlt for quite a while and on pump gas the difference isn't noticeable. Looked and sounded great! Lol
Oh niceeee. I love JLT, vin is the man over there. I just added his oil catch can to stang. The CAI's dont add power unless your tuned. I really want to, but I'm not voiding the warranty for that, ya know.. I'm contemplating swapping in 3.55s in a week as well, but once again they have to update/flash the computer and that's warranty voiding again. I only have 450 miles on the stang.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Oh niceeee. I love JLT, vin is the man over there. I just added his oil catch can to stang. The CAI's dont add power unless your tuned. I really want to, but I'm not voiding the warranty for that, ya know.. I'm contemplating swapping in 3.55s in a week as well, but once again they have to update/flash the computer and that's warranty voiding again. I only have 450 miles on the stang.
Yeah I have their catch can as well. Good products. I told myself I wouldn't mod and keep my warranty when I bought the gt. I made it to 5k and everything went out the window.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
If you're going the Roush road, as I have. Never gave the warranty a second thought.

Reason? Ford installs AND sells Roush out the front door.

Follow the directions, if installing and tuning your car.

Roush suggest using DashBridge CX vehicle network interface (AKA dongle), windows compatible.

Is pricey, you can install the hardware and let Ford bump the data end.

The price, i think will be the same . Owning the dongle or paying Ford to use theirs on your car.

However there is a slight catch there, the venturi of the ram with the tune. Does not use the insert that is smaller, included in the CIA kit

Chose to own, as with any of my tools. Just saying, it is better to know ALL the facts going in.

So plan ahead

Cheers & enjoy that car they "R" awesome

Last edited:
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
If you're going the Roush road, as I have. Never gave the warranty a second thought.

Reason? Ford installs AND sells Roush out the front door.

Follow the directions, if installing and tuning your car.

Roush suggest using DashBridge CX vehicle network interface (AKA dongle), windows compatible.

Is pricey, you can install the hardware and let Ford bump the data end.

The price, i think will be the same . Owning the dongle or paying Ford to use theirs on your car.

However there is a slight catch there, the venturi of the ram with the tune. Does not use the insert that is smaller, included in the CIA kit

Chose to own, as with any of my tools. Just saying, it is better to know ALL the facts going in.

So plan ahead

Cheers & enjoy that car they "R" awesome
Hey, thanks for the amazing reply. Greatly appreciate it. Loving it, so far.. man thanks. Also loving the Rapid Red metallic. 👍🤘🤘🤘
Sponsored