Sponsored

Roush Axlebacks + H-Pipe, too loud for daily driving?

OP
OP

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
Fantastic, thank you! Even though it's resonated, I'm wondering if I would still get the "pops" and backfire that x pipes are known for... too bad there wasn't a video of this system from the outside of the car.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
^^^ Edit about volume change.

OP
OP

ghst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP 401a RIP
That actually sounds much better! Thanks!

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Fantastic, thank you! Even though it's resonated, I'm wondering if I would still get the "pops" and backfire that x pipes are known for... too bad there wasn't a video of this system from the outside of the car.
I don't get too many, tbh. Gurgling coming off low throttle, but not really the pops and crackles. It cuts a lot of that.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
That actually sounds much better! Thanks!
I agree! It sounds way, way meaner, more aggressive but also crisper all at the same time. The video doesn't do it justice at all.

Sponsored

raceguy388

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
I've decided after adding an h pipe over the winter my roush axlebacks are to loud for daily driving. Can someone recommend axlebacks that a bit more tame? I was thinking the ford performance sport axlebacks? Any other to look at? Thanks

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I've decided after adding an h pipe over the winter my roush axlebacks are to loud for daily driving. Can someone recommend axlebacks that a bit more tame? I was thinking the ford performance sport axlebacks? Any other to look at? Thanks
Those would be a good option, as well as the touring version or Borla S-type. What is your sound preference, deep or racy/exotic?

NEED2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT base PP Borla s-type H pipe
Remember your exhaust sound will be louder during the colder months than warmer months. It's all about what you want I like loud and others like more of a stealth sound. It's hard to ask someone else to answer this question for you.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

racered_ppGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Idk if I was just used to mine or what but I had a roush axleback non-resonated x-pipe setup and daily drove mine 80 miles a day and it wasn't loud at all to me, now I just put on catless long tubes and it's....it's insane, above 2k rpms it just screammmmmms, but I not longer daily the car. Was thinking of going awe switchpath or some other full catback because I hate all the cut and clamp shit.

RT302

RT302
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 convertible automatic GT
I have the same decision to make right now myself. I am stock minus the roush AB and thinking about H pipe but worried it will be too loud. Very interested in the resonated xpipe BmacIL pointed out. Anyone heard those with Roush? Is that the only version of a resonated mid pipe?

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same decision to make right now myself. I am stock minus the roush AB and thinking about H pipe but worried it will be too loud. Very interested in the resonated xpipe BmacIL pointed out. Anyone heard those with Roush? Is that the only version of a resonated mid pipe?
No, but if you go to the last post on the previous page (#15), you can get a comparison with the Corsa Sport. Borla's resonator that is part of their Touring catback is an H-pipe internally and resonated. I prefer the resonated X because of tone, improved high rpm scavenging (over both the stock resonator and an H-pipe) and because it gets rid of the rasp you usually hear with X-pipes, especially with the Roush AB.

RT302

RT302
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 convertible automatic GT
No, but if you go to the last post on the previous page (#15), you can get a comparison with the Corsa Sport. Borla's resonator that is part of their Touring catback is an H-pipe internally and resonated. I prefer the resonated X because of tone, improved high rpm scavenging (over both the stock resonator and an H-pipe) and because it gets rid of the rasp you usually hear with X-pipes, especially with the Roush AB.
Ah. I did see those videos, I was under the false impression that was stock resonator vs the resonated xpipe

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
I daily drive a GT with an X pipe and Roush. The only time's it is super loud is at WOT or cold starts. The rest of the time you can keep it pretty tame. I can easily listen to my radio and hold conversations in the car.
Sponsored