Sponsored

Roush Axle back Drone v6 2015

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Okay, do you have any sound clips of your setup? I don't mind loudness overall, it's just the cabin resonation (Ear-rappe).
Best I can do. Cell phone mic so take it with grain of salt. Its much more throaty and deep in person (use headphones to get best sound).

Sponsored

OP
OP

Moyocay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Moises
Vehicle(s)
Mustang v6 2015
Best I can do. Cell phone mic so take it with grain of salt. Its much more throaty and deep in person (use headphones to get best sound).

Sounds sick. The thing is that those j pipes help out with the drone. My bullet style axleback can’t fit those. I guess anyway it will help me out, but im worried it would change the exhaust note. (I wont mind a little change). But anyway, Overall on a scale 1 to 10 how loud your setup is? We most of the time want more loud...

USMCtoARMY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 MT
Sounds sick. The thing is that those j pipes help out with the drone. My bullet style axleback can’t fit those. I guess anyway it will help me out, but im worried it would change the exhaust note. (I wont mind a little change). But anyway, Overall on a scale 1 to 10 how loud your setup is? We most of the time want more loud...
Its not loud super loud at all, like a 6-7. The tru-x would kill almost all drone in conjunction with your mufflers, but my suggestions were based off just the tru-x and straight pipes out the back. If you keep your current mufflers and add the tru-x in place of your stock resonator you will get more volume in the exhaust and still have minimal drone. Of course remember any exhaust needs to break in before you really hear how it will sound. Add shorty headers and intake gets even better. Just removing stock resonator makes your exhaust sound louder no matter what it's replaced with. The tru-x will keep it from sounding like ass and give a clean exhaust note. My two cents.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I am not sure you understand what I am saying. Not a straight up X-Pipe. Here is a link to what I'm talking about.

https://www.etrailer.com/Performance-Mufflers/MagnaFlow/MF12469.html

Its a muffler style "x-pipe". There is some knock off versions on eBay i.e. Jones Exhaust (the one I use). Basically, it is a muffler with an x-pipe flow design inside the muffler. This design is what helps eliminate drone and allow a deep throaty growl without high end rasp. Its actually quite impressive. Once the muffler breaks in it just rips. Everyone who is around or rides in my car absolutely loves the exhaust note. This muffler replaces the stock resonator. Then from the muffle it's just straight pipes to tips. If you dislike the exhaust or get drone then add some mini-bullet style resonators somewhere behind the muffler.
Can this be used with the Roush Mufflers? I’d love to hear how they would sound all together.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Can this be used with the Roush Mufflers? I’d love to hear how they would sound all together.
Absolutely, it'll replace your stock resonator. Louder and cleaner sound.
Sponsored