Sponsored

Roush Active Exhaust Complaints

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt premium OW 10spd
So as the title says, I have a few complaints about the Roush Active Exhaust system. These complaints really stem from the fact that I spent near $3,000 on this system. I'm hoping that others who have this system would be willing to come together here as I plan on addressing these issues directly with Roush.

1. If you look at most other "active exhaust" systems, like ones from armytrix or Xforce, you'll notice that the apps are WAY more comprehensive. Now I know some of you may say that seems ridiculous, but hear me out. In comparison to Xforce's app, the Roush app has actually less customizability then it. In Roush's app, you are limited to speed and throttle mapping only. With Xforce's app, you can adjust based on speed, throttle, AND RPM. The addition of RPM makes a huge difference on how you design your exhaust sound. I was hoping to talk to someone at Roush and see if the developers would be interested in trying to update the app to add some cool new features like that. Another major con is Roush doesn't do GEO mapping. Xforce has a GEO mapping ability where you can have it open or close or go to any "percentage" open exhaust based on a location you choose. That's a pretty big let down for a 3k plus exhaust system.

2. NO UPDATES. That's right. The app hasn't been updated since 2015 which is almost three years ago. According to the Car and Driver review of the Roush exhaust, Roush promised to keep its app up to date with new features and bug fixes. None of that. Never. That's a huge let down for me.

I should mention I am what you would call an exhaust sound engineer(I very much try to fine tune the sound of my exhaust exactly to my liking). I have over 20 custom tunes in the app and use them all differently all the time. I really wanted to post a thread on how they could update the app and what they should do but I would like to see peoples responses first. If anyone has any good ideas or complaints about the app please come forward so we can make a change lol.
Sponsored

OP
OP

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah i agree. I think if we get enough people on board who have this exhaust setup then I can contact them and tell them we all have these issues.

EastTNMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Stage 3
I hope Roush will be receptive to ideas...I was told last year that Roush was working on GEO mapping, but its been pretty quiet about progress.

OP
OP

magnetticmadness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. I have had my right-hand valve replaced 4 TIMES due to a really annoying rattle and I was thinking I could bring up instead of having them keep sending valves for replacement maybe they could actually update their app and add a few things.

Sponsored

redgt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP, 5.2 FPC Swap, Sync 3 Retrofit
If you like the other apps more why didn't you buy that system instead of Roush?