Rousch Phase 2 or Edelbrock Stage 2?

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey all, Have been thinking pretty hard about putting a supercharger on. One discrepancy is the wife wants to have some warranty still. I do get why. As much as I'd like to get a whipple, this takes whipple out :(

So that leads to just two options that come with a warranty, at least that I am aware of: Rousch and Edelbrock. I would be looking at the Stage 2 versions of both.

Which one in your opinion is better to go with?

Did rousch get a handle on the heat issues with the phase 2?

Owners of either, what is your opinion of them? How are the tunes that come with them?

If it matters, Im looking for something that pushes me back in my seat and is more fun to drive..that also hangs with or beats hellcats / newer vettes, etc.. I also will go to the local 1/4 mile track sometimes but not looking to live there or break records....but 1/4 times do matter to me. Eventually I will get a custom tune and start adding other goodies, but not until the warranty is over.

Lastly, where is the best place / price for either these? (I heard Edelbrock was running 15% off, but thats no more?)

Curious to hear everyone's input, thanks alot!
Sponsored

Patriot Six

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I have the Edelbrock Stage 2 and if the warranty is important to you, the Roush Phase 2 may be the better option. I'm sure the Roush canned tune isn't great, but I can tell you from experience that the Edelbrock canned tune required to keep the warranty is complete trash.

Kona 18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang
Roush has not addressed the intercooler issues bc they are not able too with out a complete redesign of the blower. The way they did it, there is no room for a larger intercooler core

givemeadollar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 LFP 800
Whipple does have a warranty, it justs costs more if you want to purchase it. Personally I would say whipple with opg/css. If you are totally against that idea then edelbrock is your best bet.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Edelrock, VMP, Whipple, Magneson, Vortech, Paxton, Hellion, Procharger, ON3, or EBAY. Notice what is NOT on that list. Don't pay for a label.

Sponsored

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
If you will check, there is a thread on here, it the,
Question for guys who actually have the the Roush Kit.
A lot of info there, just take you days to read all of it.
Personally, i have a 2017 RS3, stock was 670 hp, but now it is VMP tuned plus I have their Triple pass, dual fan heat exchanger also. Black Friday. Now at 730 hp with the VMP Kit. Love it and it is fast and needing new back tires.

OP
OP
SDAMike

SDAMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Thanks for the replys! I should have mentioned before, my only other thought was to just wait a couple years (once the included warrantys would be over anyways) and go whipple then. Kinda all up in the air about it all, especially with all of this covid stuff, feel like I have nowhere to go anyways. I wonder if the track will even open this year?

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Roush addressed the heat issue with a larger Low temp radiator (heat exchanger). They've also put parameters in the tune to run the fans more and make it possible to cycle the fans after you shut the car off. It's all helped. Brenspeed did a video and was pleasantly suprised by the power and cooling. The canned tune is going to be safe and all PD blower cars will heat soak. You just want a quick recovery and the Roush P2 kit is descent at it with great quality and warranty. They all have pros and cons, you just have to determine which one checks all your boxes.

ccull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Roushcharged
Roush has not addressed the intercooler issues bc they are not able too with out a complete redesign of the blower. The way they did it, there is no room for a larger intercooler core
This is false, phase two has significantly reduced heat. Find YouTube and brenspeeds videos. IATs were equal to or less than whipple. Torque curve was better also if I recall correctly.....I personally have it and would like a different setup because you can’t grow as much with it as you can a whipple but your statement is incorrect. The roush charger is a great product for what OP posted. The canned tune is really nice with these revisions as well. Drives great and runs high 10’s based on the slips in the other thread. That’s pretty dang reasonable for a warranty.

ccull

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Roushcharged
This is false, phase two has significantly reduced heat. Find YouTube and brenspeeds videos. IATs were equal to or less than whipple. Torque curve was better also if I recall correctly.....I personally have it and would like a different setup because you can’t grow as much with it as you can a whipple but your statement is incorrect. The roush charger is a great product for what OP posted. The canned tune is really nice with these revisions as well. Drives great and runs high 10’s based on the slips in the other thread. That’s pretty dang reasonable for a warranty.
let me correct my self too....intercooler, Not changed. Heat issues, changed my mistake for generalizing your statement.

Sponsored

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Personally, i have a 2017 RS3, stock was 670 hp, but now it is VMP tuned plus I have their Triple pass, dual fan heat exchanger also. Black Friday. Now at 730 hp with the VMP Kit. Love it and it is fast and needing new back tires.
VMP always makes a fancy label TVS sooooooooooo much happier.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
If you want a warranty and safe tune with excellent drivability, there is only one option....Roush.

Beefcake will give you a great price.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
730 to the tires is pretty strong!!!

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
3 options....

If you want a Warranty
Roush Phase 2 (I have it, it’s excellent)

If you don’t care about a warranty
Whipple/OPG/CS/Lund tune

or

Paxton 2200, OPG/CS, Lune Tune

Call Terry Beefcake, He will take care of you
Ask me how I know :like:

stanger1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2013 Shelby GT500-Sold, 2017 Roush RS3
The VMP 730 HP kit is 730 crank, but they can easily get you to 730 wheel HP. Just pay to play.
I am quite happy with the 730 as having a hard time keeping any traction, which is a nice problem to have , but i am looking for tire upgrades.
Sponsored