Sponsored

Tacoflvrd

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 TRD sport
Oh that’s nice did you have to do any drilling? That’s my only thing not getting it!
I actually didn’t drill it. Going to see if there’s any flexing or anything before I decide if I’m going to. I most likely will drill the two holes. Seemed solid with just the one bolt in the hood. With the way the struts mount and the brackets, it really doesn’t seem like it’s needed.

OP
OP
Jdunlap12

Jdunlap12

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
Okay than
I actually didn’t drill it. Going to see if there’s any flexing or anything before I decide if I’m going to. I most likely will drill the two holes. Seemed solid with just the one bolt in the hood. With the way the struts mount and the brackets, it really doesn’t seem like it’s needed.
okay thank you!

OP
OP
Jdunlap12

Jdunlap12

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Tacoma SR5
I just got done installing mine. Their directions suck. You’ll need an m12 socket for the bolts and a m5 Allen wrench. One thing they don’t tell you, you can’t have the prop rod in when you put the struts on. The struts won’t allow you to lift the hood enough to remove the oem prop. You can rest the hood on the outside of the hole where the prop sits in the hood. You have to use a little force but it will pull out once you connect the struts.

The photo was taken just before I realized I couldn’t get the prop out. Haha

IMG_7145.jpeg
You care take a few pics of it?