Sponsored

Rolex at Daytona

Triton54

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
18 GT A-10 (mine) 17 GT pp, 6spd (wifes)
Hey, any of you folks watching this? The Ford GT's are 1-2 in class, :ford: The Bmw's are struggling, and the Corvette's are still running, just down the order a bit.....
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 4x4 Lariat 3.5 Ecoboost
Hey, any of you folks watching this? The Ford GT's are 1-2 in class, :ford: The Bmw's are struggling, and the Corvette's are still running, just down the order a bit.....
Looks like a vette is in 3rd now, with GTs still leading the class. That car is amazing.

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Yeah, Ive been watching. Eating breakfast and heading back.
DSC02675.JPG
DSC02672.JPG
DSC02629.JPG
DSC02641.JPG
DSC02551.JPG

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Ford’s are fast this time around in 5 hours they will be battling each other for the win....says alot about the power of a twin turbo V6...and those weather tech girls are the only thing that could pull me away from the race if i was there...lol

Sponsored

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
Ford’s are fast this time around in 5 hours they will be battling each other for the win....says alot about the power of a twin turbo V6...and those weather tech girls are the only thing that could pull me away from the race if i was there...lol
It says nothing of the Ford powerplant.
BoP has completely ruined the individuality of the manufacturers.
The only thing that wins sports car races these days is car prep (durability) and team strategy.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It says nothing of the Ford powerplant.
BoP has completely ruined the individuality of the manufacturers.
The only thing that wins sports car races these days is car prep (durability) and team strategy.
While I agree to some aspects of your comments, you have to remember it is an endurance race. The goal of the series is to provide a set of rules that does not favor one team or manufacturer but rather to attract more to compete. You cant argue with the results as the series has grown, there are more teams now than in the past years, and it has attracted the world market of car manufacturers. The good news is at least for now they have not expanded the podium to 14 steps so everyone gets to kiss the girl, grab a trophy and drink some champagne. :first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first:

IMSA is just following the model set by F1, tweak the rules so more will play. I wish for the sake of true performance that there was a series left for the true innovators. One that allowed anything on four wheels to race but that series would die a slow death as one or two teams would likely dominate based on their investment and the amount of dollars needed to knock them off the top would prevent anyone from taking on the task.

This model does make it hard to root for a winning team when every race weekend they get a BoP adjustment that makes your team less competitive or takes away an advantage. On the other hand it tends to have a broader range of victors and keeps the points race closer. Last thing the TV guys and series guys want is to have an entire race season decided by the 5th or 6th race.

Dave

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Ford led 774 of 783 laps over 24hrs. This would have been enough to beat the old distance record of 762 laps. The leading prototype did 808 laps.

H@mmer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT w/ Too Many Mods
While I agree to some aspects of your comments, you have to remember it is an endurance race. The goal of the series is to provide a set of rules that does not favor one team or manufacturer but rather to attract more to compete. You cant argue with the results as the series has grown, there are more teams now than in the past years, and it has attracted the world market of car manufacturers. The good news is at least for now they have not expanded the podium to 14 steps so everyone gets to kiss the girl, grab a trophy and drink some champagne. :first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first::first:

IMSA is just following the model set by F1, tweak the rules so more will play. I wish for the sake of true performance that there was a series left for the true innovators. One that allowed anything on four wheels to race but that series would die a slow death as one or two teams would likely dominate based on their investment and the amount of dollars needed to knock them off the top would prevent anyone from taking on the task.

This model does make it hard to root for a winning team when every race weekend they get a BoP adjustment that makes your team less competitive or takes away an advantage. On the other hand it tends to have a broader range of victors and keeps the points race closer. Last thing the TV guys and series guys want is to have an entire race season decided by the 5th or 6th race.

Dave
Exactly. You pull for a team in IMSA, not a car/manufacturer.
Which is fine. It just causes me to tweak out a bit when people try to use racing results to say one car is better than another.
No, one *team* is better than the other. It has nothing to do with the car.

That's why you have a prototype (Ford) on pace with sports cars (Corvette) and super cars (Ferrari).
Sponsored