Sponsored

Rock chips in front of rear wheel. Suggestions.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks yeah is strange im not getting any chips or dings behind the wheels at all or anywhere else n the car just that little triangle area on both sides. My wheels are blocked and dont stick out past fenders (on front) so that is why im confused on how this is happening.
Really, nothing on the lower front portions of your doors? I get little impacts there. Certainly the worst where you note on the rear fender though.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Really, nothing on the lower front portions of your doors? I get little impacts there. Certainly the worst where you note on the rear fender though.
Nope, nothing anywhere else. just that one spot and on both sides.

OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Dr. Colorchip and PPF. Stop worrying where they come from as you can’t stop it from happening.
Yes I can I have magic powers. Yeah Im gonna see if a local guy will cut me a piece of ppf with out trying to retire off my one transaction. Car people around here think everything has to cost 5000 dollars. I chatted with him once and he was sorta complaining about slow business and I said well.... if you can take some criticism. He said yeah. I was you charge way to much. I had him put some wrap on my mirrors and he charged 250.00 dollars. Was last time I went to him. Problem is he is only place in town and he has since raised his prices... Never have figured out businesses that think the cure to slow business is to raise prices.... anyway that was why I made this post trying to find an online precut solution.

Last edited:

Sponsored

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
XPEL PPF. You can buy pre-cut sheets for this area. They have nearly every section available as separate pieces. More expensive than the Anchor room stuff. But by god I swear this PPF is magic shit. Like having a force field on your car. I think this could be installed by yourself due to the simple contours. Just watch some youtube videos.
https://www.xpel.com/Rear-Wheel-Impact-Area-Kit-ULTIMATE-PLUS_112

The first thing I installed after I drove home were those Rokbloks front and back. I considered PPF in this area but after looking down the side to the car after the flaps were installed, I figured the Rokbloks would provide the protection I wanted. I have zero rock chips last time I looked. I stay off of any type of gravel. I don't see how you are getting chips in this area. Rocks doing curveballs perhaps? Do you do a lot of 2-way highway driving with trucks passing in the other direction? They can do a hell of a lot of pepper damage. I move to the right when they are coming.

I would get yourself a Dr. Colorchip kit to get those chips filled in nice and flat. Then apply the PPF to those panels and you will never need to worry about it again.

chagan02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Lightning Blue
Vehicle Showcase
XPEL PPF. You can buy pre-cut sheets for this area. They have nearly every section available as separate pieces. More expensive than the Anchor room stuff. But by god I swear this PPF is magic shit. Like having a force field on your car. I think this could be installed by yourself due to the simple contours. Just watch some youtube videos.
https://www.xpel.com/Rear-Wheel-Impact-Area-Kit-ULTIMATE-PLUS_112

The first thing I installed after I drove home were those Rokbloks front and back. I considered PPF in this area but after looking down the side to the car after the flaps were installed, I figured the Rokbloks would provide the protection I wanted. I have zero rock chips last time I looked. I stay off of any type of gravel. I don't see how you are getting chips in this area. Rocks doing curveballs perhaps? Do you do a lot of 2-way highway driving with trucks passing in the other direction? They can do a hell of a lot of pepper damage. I move to the right when they are coming.

I would get yourself a Dr. Colorchip kit to get those chips filled in nice and flat. Then apply the PPF to those panels and you will never need to worry about it again.
These the ones you have?
https://rokblokz.com/collections/ra...gt-splash-guards-15-17?variant=11091455737899

How do they look installed, in person.

Cheo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
my opinion, rocks are coming from the top of front tire during rain. The area you live has a lot of very small rocks used on the shoulders and pavement.
When it rains all that loose rock and water mixes and sits in road ruts, the water adds weight causing the rocks to stay with tire to the top. The airstream then pulls rocks out hamming the rear quarter.
If you put side scoops there it will distrube air flow.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Splash guard, mud guards, block guards etc. isn’t the fix and won’t stop the problem.

The problem is:
1) Ford’s cheap ass paint process and the lack of layers.

2) The aerodynamic design of the S550 draws air and debris close to the body while driving.

The only way stop it is to use a protective film in that area.

The damage is already done; Dr. Colorchip is the repair then protect it - or just live with it.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
What about on the lower part of your door? Any chips there too?

Hbassi5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hardeep
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT
So the area in front of the rear wheel has been getting hammered by rocks. The issue is I cant figure out why. I had a few there and I figured the front wheels were flinging rocks. So I bought some RokBlokz and put them on. Seems to made it worse. My Front wheel is set in about a inch or so behind the fender flair and when sitting in a straight line there is no tire showing at all that would allow for it to fling rocks up the side of the car. I have searched the internet for some film like xpel that is maybe pre cut for that area but have had no luck I think maybe im doing the searches wrong or no one makes it for that area. But I am at a loose as to how the chips are even happening as none of my front wheel is exposed to allow for the flinging up of rovks to start with. And now with the RokBlokz there is a good inch or so "shield" to stop any rocks so not sure how it got worse.

Basically I guess is anyone knows of any precut film for these areas. Getting someone to do it around here is just retarded expensive so just want to find some pre cut pieces to do myself if anyone knows any. And also those with RokBlokz, anyone else have their chips get worse after installing? Its a total mystery to me.
Two pictures. One of the area IM trying to protect and one of the chips. Cars not barely a year old and its getting hammered. OH i pick I park on gravel but drive slowly on it and thats only time im on gravel.
Screenshot_18.jpg

20200917_190305.jpg
i am having issue at same spot on my car. I couldn’t figure out either why it was happening and on mine it’s mostly on driver side.
Sponsored