Rob Shoemaker leaves PBD

GR1MxREAPER

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Casey
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Holy shit… I thought tunes were expensive when it was $1000 for an e85 tune with HP RTD tuner and credits. Almost double that now … 😳
Sponsored

Matt@Lethal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lethal Performance
But it does include the device. Not only does he have the device selected, he also has E-85, Aftermarket Manifold and Credits. There is an additional $800.00 selected over the base tune file.

Rob is priced on par with everyone else in the industry. I doubt he would want to shoot himself in the foot and start charging 3-4X what everyone else does.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Matt@Lethal you need a better/sensible screen shot that doesn't invoke pricing panic.
But then again I priced a device+credits for a 'single' tune and it was still $800. That's stiff to say the least. If you already have device+credits a single tune is still $300.

That doesn't seem price competitive against eg. Unleashed and probably others like 5-star.

LethalPerformance

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500 CFTP, 2021 Whipple'd F150
Matt@Lethal you need a better/sensible screen shot that doesn't invoke pricing panic.
But then again I priced a device+credits for a 'single' tune and it was still $800. That's stiff to say the least. If you already have device+credits a single tune is still $300.

That doesn't seem price competitive against eg. Unleashed and probably others like 5-star.

Obviously you're more than welcome to get tuned from anyone you like. We carry pretty much all of them. For Rob's tunes this is the base price. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 4.50.10 PM.png

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
The drop down menu that increases cost for the “type” of tune is total BS. With the thousands base files in most calibrators data base, an E85, different intake, etc shouldn’t be an inflated cost. A tune is a tune. 90% of the time, most calibrations now can be done in ONE 3 minute revision. Yet, new customers haven’t got a clue and will pay anything. It’s getting absolutely asinine. Period. Nothing but greed now. The Copperhead PCM has been out for 13 YEARS.

Sponsored

DopamineQuest

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 Carbonized Gray
$1100 for a tune. LOLOLOLOL. This is getting ridiculous. 98% of most tunes are dead on with proven canned base files after 7 years. If anything, they should be going DOWN in price. WOW……..
Shit is nuts lol. I bought a JLT, Ngauge, and a tune through Lund in 2019 for around $800 if I remember correctly.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously?
That pcm was pre-s550. Granted I rxpect most of the settings and strategies carried forward into later coyote generations with minor changes. So as far as r&d is concerned there was precious little needed.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I think I paid $550 -$600 for flex tune and 93 tune from Livernois with tuning device.
I couldn’t swallow $900-$1100 for the same or less for a name.
Maybe if I was highly modified I’d consider paying more but for stock, $1000 is a complete rip off.

Sponsored

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
The drop down menu that increases cost for the “type” of tune is total BS. With the thousands base files in most calibrators data base, an E85, different intake, etc shouldn’t be an inflated cost. A tune is a tune. 90% of the time, most calibrations now can be done in ONE 3 minute revision. Yet, new customers haven’t got a clue and will pay anything. It’s getting absolutely asinine. Period. Nothing but greed now. The Copperhead PCM has been out for 13 YEARS.
Someone has to pay for the R&D of the upcoming products and that comes from charging a price for a tune, They can't say, well we already have a file that works, and give it away, and then have no money in the tank to pay someone to crack the new ecu's or are they to work for free?
I think many forget this part.
It's no different than ford not dropping the price of the s550 over it's run, the tooling and r&d was already long paid for before 2020. but if they want to fund the r&d for the next gen, they have to build into the price of the s550 the cost of that, no different with a tuning dept of a company.

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cameron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1...2014 Mustag GT whipple supercharger
Someone has to pay for the R&D of the upcoming products and that comes from charging a price for a tune, They can't say, well we already have a file that works, and give it away, and then have no money in the tank to pay someone to crack the new ecu's or are they to work for free?
I think many forget this part.
It's no different than ford not dropping the price of the s550 over it's run, the tooling and r&d was already long paid for before 2020. but if they want to fund the r&d for the next gen, they have to build into the price of the s550 the cost of that, no different with a tuning dept of a company.
Tuners don't crack the code. Sct, hp tuners rtd etc crack the code. The device companies do the heavy lifting.

Tuners manipulate the code one the devices are designed to unlock the processor and allow code to be read and written.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
It's pretty simple. If you can find someone to tune it the same for cheaper or better for the same money, there's your answer.

Everything is more expensive today and markedly so than before the scamdemic. You can't nearly double the supply of money and at the same time, choke the supply chain to death and NOT see an upward pressure on pricing.

Remember this every time someone discusses "raising the debt ceiling" or spending. It's not just some nebulous issue far away that never touches you.

Cashley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen2
Ya'll are paying inflated celebrity prices for tunes. GTFO here Lethal and this other clown.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
There is another thread where the OP says Rob SHUT OFF his knock sensors.

Yes, the engine blew.
Sponsored