Sponsored

RoadCone Racing. Whipple S550 7 Second Beast!

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
https://www.facebook.com/RoadCone-Racing-100759685039299/

I have been getting a few PM's on my build "Project RoadCone" The build started on here as 500whp NA build and has evolved into a Beast. I have attached a link at top that has a lot of build information on it. Please like and share, I would appreciate it.

It has some amazing pictures of Engine Containment/Aero under the car done by Rogue Racecars

Now for some of the basics:
Whipple 3.8L Blower
Bear Block that contains Callies Billet rods and Billet Winberg Crank
TH400 done by JPC
8.8 w 3.55 gear
Fore Fuel system w triple pumps, ID 2600 injectors
AEM Infinity Stand-Alone, Tuned by Eric Holiday and Brian Campbell
Steeda Suspension
M&M Air-Shifter and Sai Li onboard air
Viking Crusader Coilovers and shocks
Tig Vision Tank and EMP Pump, 1" Lines
Cobra Jet Electric Waterpump.
Cage by Cortex Racing and myself
JPC Linelock

The AEM Electronics, M&M shifter and build was done by Finishline Performance in Milford Ohio.
Most of the build parts was purchased through Team Beefcake Racing.

Feel free to ask any questions. Thanks!

7.96.jpg

19_terry_eshman-77-Edit-1180x787.jpg

collage.jpg

19_terry_eshman-212-1180x787.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Love winburg!! Their polishing is 😍 should be hung on a wall. What stroke did you go with. I was looking the other day. I saw they had some half finished in up to 3.9.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Love winburg!! Their polishing is 😍 should be hung on a wall. What stroke did you go with. I was looking the other day. I saw they had some half finished in up to 3.9.

Went with 3.8 stroke to add some cubes. The 3.8 loves it! Pushing a little over 1700 at the flywheel and low timing. Once we get it hooked we will turn it up.

Winberg is def a work of art! I agree 💯

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
By the way is your car street legal? just curious. I've seen some of your previous vids, just not sure, think it's not but just curious. You have an insane build. What's your plan to handle all that power to the wheels? Still feel comfortable with all that power?

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the way is your car street legal? just curious. I've seen some of your previous vids, just not sure, think it's not but just curious. You have an insane build. What's your plan to handle all that power to the wheels? Still feel comfortable with all that power?

It is registered for the street. Still has AC, power locks, power windows, nav and all the creature comforts. That is why it's so heavy. We are currently working with Steeda to turn it up and 60 ft. better.

Yes I'm comfortable with the power. I have had to grow with the build. It does get crazy at times and can be a little unsettling.

Sponsored

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
Cone at the 3.8 did you have to shorten the rod or reduce the CH? Thinking of doing a 3.7 x 3.9 was curious if reduced CH would work w/o pulling the piston to far down and creating a major side load.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cone at the 3.8 did you have to shorten the rod or reduce the CH? Thinking of doing a 3.7 x 3.9 was curious if reduced CH would work w/o pulling the piston to far down and creating a major side load.
TBH, I don't know what they did with the rods. BES handled the build. CH?

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Compression Height
I do not know about the CH, but I do know we did increase the compression. We didn't mill the heads, so I imagine it was done with pistons.

Decible

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 HP
I do not know about the CH, but I do know we did increase the compression. We didn't mill the heads, so I imagine it was done with pistons.
Yeah with the increased stroke you either shorten the rod or decrease the compression height if you can.

Sponsored

Nctong01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang D1X GT, 2018 GT350, '17 Turbo Silverado, '99 Turbo Integra
Here's my research/motivation for the day :p Has the car been dynoed? I know I asked you but you did use the standard CF driveshaft that comes from JPC?

Edit: just saw the dyno video. Curious what that 3.8L puts down!

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Shorter rod.

80FoxCoupe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT, 80 Fox
Add a cage and an additional 1100whp to your car. That's RoadCone.

OP
OP
RoadCone

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's my research/motivation for the day :p Has the car been dynoed? I know I asked you but you did use the standard CF driveshaft that comes from JPC?

Edit: just saw the dyno video. Curious what that 3.8L puts down!

Yeah, there is all kinds of Vids on RoadCone Racing. We just dynoed for a baseline to tune at the track. You can try to figure out w HP calculators. 3900 lbs and 178mph.

nnnnnn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
It is registered for the street. Still has AC, power locks, power windows, nav and all the creature comforts. That is why it's so heavy. We are currently working with Steeda to turn it up and 60 ft. better.

Yes I'm comfortable with the power. I have had to grow with the build. It does get crazy at times and can be a little unsettling.
That's even more impressive that it's street legal.
Sponsored