Road rage incident

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
If people can't see the humor and irony of a bunch of Mustang drivers complaining about the poor driving habits of "those guys", then I don't know what to say.

We argue about this type of driver or that. Everyone else agrees. _WE'RE_ the worst!
Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I think it’s much easier to post where people as a whole DON’T drive poorly.

Oh yeah, see my sig

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; The maneuver that gets me is when someone speeds up to get in front of me to then almost immediately hits the brakes to slowdown and turn off the road. I have to hit my brakes. Why not just stay behind me and turn off. Sure i may be going 2MPH slower than they like.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
Hello; The maneuver that gets me is when someone speeds up to get in front of me to then almost immediately hits the brakes to slowdown and turn off the road. I have to hit my brakes. Why not just stay behind me and turn off. Sure i may be going 2MPH slower than they like.
Have you considered that it's simply to annoy you?
If they're annoyed, and they clearly are, it's probably just revenge.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
General lack of courtesy that is a result of lack of respect for others, poor values, poor parenting, lack of maturity and results in a degeneration of society because of those willing to tolerate/accept it as normal.

Sponsored

Bobn57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang Fastback, 2021 VB, GT/CS
Vehicle Showcase

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
General lack of courtesy that is a result of lack of respect for others, poor values, poor parenting, lack of maturity and results in a degeneration of society because of those willing to tolerate/accept it as normal.
100%

Cav427

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Read the original post today, I hate driving in Detroit. I-94 at rush hour is ridiculous and dangerous to say the least. One of my first mustangs got rear ended on I-94 while I was trying to exit at 8 mile road. A drunk rear ended me in a K-Car, I had less than 2000 miles on my then new Mustang 5.0 LX. I got out of the car and the driver was trying to start his car, radiator fluid and oil had spewed all over the pavement and he took off once he got it started. Harper Woods police tracked him down within 5 minutes, but did not ticket or arrest him because he was in Detroit. 6 weeks later he showed up in court, when the judge asked him why he ran he admitted he was drunk, had a previous under the influence and ran because he had no insurance. This was in 1990, last few times I have been back traffic is even worse.

Topdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Os
Vehicle(s)
5.0 Gt Convertible 2021 (TBA)
This is exactly my bug bear and you can amost predict it. When travelling on the freeway home the two turn offs leading to the two poorer regions of the city is where these hicks come blasting up behind you in the outside lane then force you over and then swerve 3 lanes to take the next exit lane 300 metres away. It seem to be their ritual thing to do.

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If people can't see the humor and irony of a bunch of Mustang drivers complaining about the poor driving habits of "those guys", then I don't know what to say.

We argue about this type of driver or that. Everyone else agrees. _WE'RE_ the worst!
I know for a fact I've been "that guy" for many people. Doesn't matter how politely you signal, when you pass someone at 100 they tend to think you're an asshole. :giggle:

If only I could put a sign on my car that said "I'm not mad at all, I just want to drive faster than you", then I'd be good.