Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
The great news is that I'll never meet this Jake guy at a party and get trapped hearing this stuff in person... absolute kill joy. :facepalm:

Damn this thread got tedious and boring... :rain:
Realists are the best kind of fun... we know how to have fun without getting annoying as fuck in a day-by-day setting. Hell, my view on this issue would be more consistent with me being the fun creater at parties... work hard and do what you have to do on the weekdays, so then you can let loose and go crazy on the weekends. Trying to go crazy all the time is not only numbing and, eventually, depressing, but is also going to create problems.

I tried to rerail this thread multiple posts ago. Blame the ones getting upset that I'm revealing the flaw in their $50k purchase for this thread getting tedious.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Ultimately, yes, a Mustang will never be a good daily driver. It has 1 amenity that qualifies it as such, and that is features... which would easily be found in something like a Fusion. But please, if there is another amenity that qualifies the Mustang as a better daily driver than a Fusion, Focus, Escape, etc. other than simply personal opinions like "it's fun", share them with me. But I've done it, and I can tell you, it is nowhere near as good of a daily driver as my Focus, and I have a lot more fun with my mustang now that I'm not FORCED to drive it all the time

Not even sure wtf you are talking about.

A Focus doesn't have magnetic dampers, like Cadillacs and other luxury brands do. One of the main reasons I am glad I waited, is because of that option alone.

How does the Focus or Fusion qualify as a better daily driver..? It doesn't, because they are shorter wheels base, have less room, don't have magneride and certainly don't have the amenities that a Mustang has.

I know of a lady one street over, who bought a 2019 ecoboost w/magneride.. she typically drives a 3-series BMW.

I do not understand why/how you are suggesting the Mustang can't be daily driven, or is not a good daily driver. Because it only has two doors..?

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
A Focus doesn't have magnetic dampers, like Cadillacs and other luxury brands do. One of the main reasons I am glad I waited, is because of that option alone.
Matter of fact, the Focus RS (also a crap daily, but still better than a mustang) and Fusion Sport both have Magride. A Cadillac would also be a decent daily. But, again, you guys gotta read the whole thread before replying. I already addressed that Magride is just a bandaid to make stiff springs more bearable. A car with lower spring rates and softer dampers would be ideal.

How does the Focus or Fusion qualify as a better daily driver..? It doesn't, because they are shorter wheels base, have less room, don't have magneride and certainly don't have the amenities that a Mustang has.
matter of fact, the Fusion has a longer wheelbase by about 1/2 foot, has more cargo space, has Magride, and has all the amenities that a Mustang would have (heated/cooled seats, Sync3, adaptive cruise, etc.)

I know of a lady one street over, who bought a 2019 ecoboost w/magneride.. she typically drives a 3-series BMW.
Congrats, you know a lady who made just as bad a decision as the people defending her decision.

I do not understand why/how you are suggesting the Mustang can't be daily driven, or is not a good daily driver. Because it only has two doors..?
Well, that's part of it. Alongside that, (as has already been listed, you guys really aren't good at this whole reading thing) interior space, cargo space, gas mileage, maintenance costs, insurance costs, comfort, the list goes on.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Matter of fact, the Focus RS (also a crap daily, but still better than a mustang) and Fusion Sport both have Magride. A Cadillac would also be a decent daily. But, again, you guys gotta read the whole thread before replying. I already addressed that Magride is just a bandaid to make stiff springs more bearable. A car with lower spring rates and softer dampers would be ideal.

matter of fact, the Fusion has a longer wheelbase by about 1/2 foot, has more cargo space, has Magride, and has all the amenities that a Mustang would have (heated/cooled seats, Sync3, adaptive cruise, etc.)

Congrats, you know a lady who made just as bad a decision as the people defending her decision.

Well, that's part of it. Alongside that, (as has already been listed, you guys really aren't good at this whole reading thing) interior space, cargo space, gas mileage, maintenance costs, insurance costs, comfort, the list goes on.

All you are saying is that a 4-door is a better daily driver, than a 2-door, nothing more. But you have NOT qualified why a Mustang is a bad daily driver, like you have stated.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Don’t worry, we don’t have a problem with this ‘reading thing.’ We just have trouble understanding what a miserable life you live.
To quote Einstein, " “The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results". If you're not having trouble reading, that would just mean you're asking the same thing over and over, expecting a different result. Being insane sounds MUCH more miserable than having multiple toys and using them as toys rather than numb commuters

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
All you are saying is that a 4-door is a better daily driver, than a 2-door, nothing more. But you have NOT qualified why a Mustang is a bad daily driver, like you have stated.
Alongside that, (as has already been listed, you guys really aren't good at this whole reading thing) interior space, cargo space, gas mileage, maintenance costs, insurance costs, comfort, the list goes on.
Reading, man. You really ought to try it sometime.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
To quote Einstein, “Jake_zx2 doesn’t know whate he’s talking about.”

And being insane is vastly underrated.
Pretty sure Einstein didn't know any of us, but I'm sure he'd agree that knowingly picking the wrong tool for the job and insisting it's right is insane.

And only insane people think insanity is underrated

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I would personally LOVE to get back on topic, as I said in one of my previous posts.

Anyone in here currently own/track a PP2? Anyone who went from a GT350 to a PP2 and wants to give their input on the 2 of them compared?

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have my car as a daily. Works like a charm the only downside is the fuel consumption when I'm on it. A full tank is around 90 USD here.

Anyway I would love to have a PP2, on the street the handling would be more than sufficient. But again as I daily the car the A10 is a really nice option which is not available on the PP2 and the PP2 is not even available here.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Realist? Lol. More like fantasy. IF you can't DD a Mustang GT, stick to Prius. You trying to make the GT into some exotic hypercar which can't be DD'd.
That. Is. Hilarious.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Realist? Lol. More like fantasy. IF you can't DD a Mustang GT, stick to Prius. You trying to make the GT into some exotic hypercar which can't be DD'd.
That. Is. Hilarious.

This^
Not sure why he suggested that a Mustang can't be, or is a horrible daily driver. Nothing he said/suggested is valid. It was the only reason I responded, because his posts were so confusing and lacked any logic. The ONLY thing I can think of, is being driven in the winter, without a set of blizzaks… which, is a bad decision on the owner, not the car.

On topic:
What is a track car..? You have to ask yourself, what is a track.. or a track event & go from there.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
This^
Not sure why he suggested that a Mustang can't be, or is a horrible daily driver. Nothing he said/suggested is valid. It was the only reason I responded, because his posts were so confusing and lacked any logic. The ONLY thing I can think of, is being driven in the winter, without a set of blizzaks… which, is a bad decision on the owner, not the car.

On topic:
What is a track car..? You have to ask yourself, what is a track.. or a track event & go from there.
To be 100% fair a lot of Camaro owners have said you can't DD a GT and or GT350 so jake might not be wrong.
Sponsored