Sponsored

ridiculous and ludicrous at road america

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
R.A. is my home track. I'm only an hour away and fortunate enough to get down many times either at a pro race or spectating at HPDE's. '13/'14 i did my first track days.

one of the coolest things is to see events like 'the hawk', vintage cars, everything you'd want to see. well once or twice in the summer private owners of old F1 or champ cars go and it's pretty much gave-over in terms of just how fast those cars are around the track.

tonight after watching a few track-day videos that people put up on youtube, i happened across this on car video from one of the old F1 cars. it seems completely ridiculous at how fast these cars are... they literally must have a ludicrous-speed button! maybe the old go-pro video makes it seem faster? in person you just about hear the entire lap and if the video makes it seems faster, it's not by much!

[ame]

Sponsored

OP
OP

grue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Base GT + PP1
sorry, just have to add... think about an auto-x, where you might do your lap in 60-78 seconds. this guy is doing 4 _miles_ in around 120 seconds...

the indy cars are coming back for the first time in several years... i can't wait to see that!