Sponsored

Ridetech's newest coilover candidate is an animal!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 LX Mustang, 2003 Mach 1
A customer just brought in his PP GT for us to install our Level 2 coilover package. This particular car has been to Brenspeed for the Roush Phase 2 supercharger package, full ARH exhaust system, McLeod's RST twin disc clutch, cradle lockouts, Ford Racing half shafts, and much more. The car is lowered with springs and handles decent but rides pretty.... well, bad. We're going to improve it in both of these areas! I'll keep this thread updated with pictures/information!

The sound is amazing... :headbang:

[ame]
Sponsored

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
Damn that car sounds good.

Clink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus
Hopefully that was the owner driving like that :ninja:

OP
OP
RidetechJosh

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
NICE!!!

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Hopefully that was the owner driving like that :ninja:
It's mine. I expect them to "test" a little. Got to know where you start to get an appreciation for where you're going. Plus, that only sounded like half throttle or so, it truly wails at WOT. That and I don't get too many opportunities to hear it since I'm always in it. Really looking forward to the change and doing some fine tuning as it should really help the cars balance.

OP
OP
RidetechJosh

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's mine. I expect them to "test" a little. Got to know where you start to get an appreciation for where you're going. Plus, that only sounded like half throttle or so, it truly wails at WOT. That and I don't get too many opportunities to hear it since I'm always in it. Really looking forward to the change and doing some fine tuning as it should really help the cars balance.
Haha, I can't wait to see your face when you drive it in the next couple of days! :headbang:

Sponsored

apex15stangPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It's an amazing kit!! Changes the car, I drove a 350 GT the other day and the first thing I noticed how much better my car felt and handled!

Guard5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid Red GT500 CFTP
Early observations. Only had time for a very short drive before the rain started. This is with rebound set about 6 clicks from full firm. Car definitely feels better planted. Nose dive under braking is greatly reduced. I accelerated out of one corner which was all I needed to tell me that the piggish wallowing from before is absent. I've added some BMR stuff recently which is also undoubtedly a factor but at last the car can be aimed under corner acceleration with confidence. I also had time to drive it down my favorite uneven concrete street. The last time I was on it my wife was in the car and told me to go a different way going home because in her words "that hurts my teeth." There was still some suspension chatter but it was easy to feel how much quicker each corner was at replanting the tire. So after a few minutes I can say it's a world of improvement. Can't speak to turn in yet because if I didn't have to brake hard the car turned in okay before then felt unstable off the corner. It was too wet to be diving in hard on my short drive. Kudos to Ridetech for doing some extra stuff while they had the car. I now know how big of a tire it will take and that on their meter on a dry day it pulls 1.06G's. They also fixed a developing squeak and re-engineered a couple of pieces to tighten things up. I'll report more later when I can do some adjusting and give it a proper flogging but for now thanks to Josh, Will, and Tom for a job well done.

OP
OP
RidetechJosh

RidetechJosh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Early observations. Only had time for a very short drive before the rain started. This is with rebound set about 6 clicks from full firm. Car definitely feels better planted. Nose dive under braking is greatly reduced. I accelerated out of one corner which was all I needed to tell me that the piggish wallowing from before is absent. I've added some BMR stuff recently which is also undoubtedly a factor but at last the car can be aimed under corner acceleration with confidence. I also had time to drive it down my favorite uneven concrete street. The last time I was on it my wife was in the car and told me to go a different way going home because in her words "that hurts my teeth." There was still some suspension chatter but it was easy to feel how much quicker each corner was at replanting the tire. So after a few minutes I can say it's a world of improvement. Can't speak to turn in yet because if I didn't have to brake hard the car turned in okay before then felt unstable off the corner. It was too wet to be diving in hard on my short drive. Kudos to Ridetech for doing some extra stuff while they had the car. I now know how big of a tire it will take and that on their meter on a dry day it pulls 1.06G's. They also fixed a developing squeak and re-engineered a couple of pieces to tighten things up. I'll report more later when I can do some adjusting and give it a proper flogging but for now thanks to Josh, Will, and Tom for a job well done.
Thanks Steve! I can't wait to see more of the car and hear more reviews once the weather dries up.

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Wow does that car sound good! I would be shot by multiple neighbors if I had it, but man am I glad I heard yours!
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.