Sponsored

Ride update - Steeda goodies installed - a few pics

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I've finally gotten 90% of the Steeda goodies installed. Did all the work myself and learned a whole lot about my S550 in the process. The car rides like a different car. Wheel hop is gone and the car puts the power down now like it's wearing slicks...though slicks, the Goodyear F1's are not...the traction control's been getting a workout the past few days. :ninja:

What I like best is how planted the car feels now, particularly when hitting a bump mid-corner. Stock, the rear would scoot around and I had a few unsettling occurrences where I got on the power mid-corner and hit bumps and the rear slid out. That is now gone. I haven't had the opportunity yet to really get on it on a winding road, but it certainly feels 100% better than stock. Oh, and I can no longer feel every 1/16" diameter pebble I run over, either. Better ride quality AND better handling...what a HUGE WIN. Very, very happy with my Steeda upgrades!!

Major mods installed so far:

Steeda Progressive Sport Springs F/R
Steeda Pro-action non-adj dampers F/R
Steeda Front Camber Plates
Steeda Bump stop kit
Steeda Billet Rear Shock Mounts
Steeda Billet Vertical Links
Steeda Adjustable Toe Links
Steeda Sub Frame Bushing Supports
Steeda Rear Sub Frame Braces
FP Power Pack2
FP High-flow air filter (Airaid filter)
FP Strut tower and K-brace
FP by Borla Touring cat-back exhaust

Steeda and other mods purchased but not installed yet...most should be done in a few weeks:
Steeda F/R Swaybars (I know the front is going to be a PITA so I put it off)
Steeda Billet Swaybar mounts F/R (see above :( )
Steeda G-trac KBrace (Does not fit...seriously. Front arms are 1/2" too short...already emailed Rod)
Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit (Couldn't get a single bolt in...my subframe is way off/didn't want to mess with in my garage)
Brembo 6-pot calipers
PowerStop rotors F/R
PowerStop Z26 pads F/R
G2 caliper paint (black) for rear caliper
Steeda braided steel brake lines F/R
Front rear lower control arm from PP S550 (beefier than the stock GT...not in a hurry for this)

Of course, when doing the subframe braces that's the ideal time to do the alignment kit as well, but as mentioned above, after sliding the sleeves in, I could not get a single bolt to even start threading. My subframe is way off and I didn't want to mess with dropping the entire subframe in my garage. I don't have any car-savvy buddies that I could call for help either. So I thought it best to just leave them out. I may or may not ever install the sleeves...the mods I've done so far (the rest of the stop the hop kit) have made such a huge diff that I don't think the sleeves are necessary at this point.

The G-trac Kbrace's front arms are 1/2" too short. No amount of bending or finagling worked to get it installed. Doesn't matter where I start, front or rear it's a no-go. Stuff happens and Steeda is awesome so I'm not worried about it. I already have the FP strut tower and K-brace installed, so how much the Gtrac is needed is debatable. I want it, of course. :D

By the way, regarding the bushing supports, particularly the rear, lower, 2-part brace: The first one took me an HOUR to get that first half in. Then I remembered reading about "Channel locks" aka slip joint pliers. 60 seconds later and it was in. That was a FML Moment of epic proportion. I didn't know whether to laugh my ass off or smash something to pieces. The second lower rear brace was installed in about 3 minutes. Not kidding. I was so happy/pissed. LMAO!

I'll get to the sways...soon-ish. The car feels SO different now that I'm not completely Jonesing about the sways. I am Jonesing for the Brembo/PowerStop upgrade though. A little nervous about it since the brakes are the single most important thing on the whole car. But so far, so good in my modding efforts. I'm getting a 4-wheel alignment tomorrow. Very curious how "off" everything is b/c the car doesn't pull to one side, drives totally straight, etc. Of course, getting it aligned is a must-do, regardless of how it feels/looks.

A few pics to share my happiness!
InkedIMG_20170904_164542241_LI (Large).jpg
IMG_20170904_155223895 (Large).jpg
IMG_20170904_155202171 (Large).jpg
IMG_20170904_164626027 (Large).jpg
IMG_20170904_155149460 (Large).jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

jasonstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GB GT/CS 6MT
Looking good.
I am gonna pull the trigger today or tomorrow too. Don't like the stock ride quality.

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I've finally gotten 90% of the Steeda goodies installed. Did all the work myself and learned a whole lot about my S550 in the process. The car rides like a different car. Wheel hop is gone and the car puts the power down now like it's wearing slicks...though slicks, the Goodyear F1's are not...the traction control's been getting a workout the past few days. :ninja:

What I like best is how planted the car feels now, particularly when hitting a bump mid-corner. Stock, the rear would scoot around and I had a few unsettling occurrences where I got on the power mid-corner and hit bumps and the rear slid out. That is now gone. I haven't had the opportunity yet to really get on it on a winding road, but it certainly feels 100% better than stock. Oh, and I can no longer feel every 1/16" diameter pebble I run over, either. Better ride quality AND better handling...what a HUGE WIN. Very, very happy with my Steeda upgrades!!

Major mods installed so far:

Steeda Progressive Sport Springs F/R
Steeda Pro-action non-adj dampers F/R
Steeda Front Camber Plates
Steeda Bump stop kit
Steeda Billet Rear Shock Mounts
Steeda Billet Vertical Links
Steeda Adjustable Toe Links
Steeda Sub Frame Bushing Supports
Steeda Rear Sub Frame Braces
FP Power Pack2
FP High-flow air filter (Airaid filter)
FP Strut tower and K-brace
FP by Borla Touring cat-back exhaust

Steeda and other mods purchased but not installed yet...most should be done in a few weeks:
Steeda F/R Swaybars (I know the front is going to be a PITA so I put it off)
Steeda Billet Swaybar mounts F/R (see above :( )
Steeda G-trac KBrace (Does not fit...seriously. Front arms are 1/2" too short...already emailed Rod)
Steeda Subframe Alignment Kit (Couldn't get a single bolt in...my subframe is way off/didn't want to mess with in my garage)
Brembo 6-pot calipers
PowerStop rotors F/R
PowerStop Z26 pads F/R
G2 caliper paint (black) for rear caliper
Steeda braided steel brake lines F/R
Front rear lower control arm from PP S550 (beefier than the stock GT...not in a hurry for this)

Of course, when doing the subframe braces that's the ideal time to do the alignment kit as well, but as mentioned above, after sliding the sleeves in, I could not get a single bolt to even start threading. My subframe is way off and I didn't want to mess with dropping the entire subframe in my garage. I don't have any car-savvy buddies that I could call for help either. So I thought it best to just leave them out. I may or may not ever install the sleeves...the mods I've done so far (the rest of the stop the hop kit) have made such a huge diff that I don't think the sleeves are necessary at this point.

The G-trac Kbrace's front arms are 1/2" too short. No amount of bending or finagling worked to get it installed. Doesn't matter where I start, front or rear it's a no-go. Stuff happens and Steeda is awesome so I'm not worried about it. I already have the FP strut tower and K-brace installed, so how much the Gtrac is needed is debatable. I want it, of course. :D

By the way, regarding the bushing supports, particularly the rear, lower, 2-part brace: The first one took me an HOUR to get that first half in. Then I remembered reading about "Channel locks" aka slip joint pliers. 60 seconds later and it was in. That was a FML Moment of epic proportion. I didn't know whether to laugh my ass off or smash something to pieces. The second lower rear brace was installed in about 3 minutes. Not kidding. I was so happy/pissed. LMAO!

I'll get to the sways...soon-ish. The car feels SO different now that I'm not completely Jonesing about the sways. I am Jonesing for the Brembo/PowerStop upgrade though. A little nervous about it since the brakes are the single most important thing on the whole car. But so far, so good in my modding efforts. I'm getting a 4-wheel alignment tomorrow. Very curious how "off" everything is b/c the car doesn't pull to one side, drives totally straight, etc. Of course, getting it aligned is a must-do, regardless of how it feels/looks.

A few pics to share my happiness!
Thanks For the update! l like your pics, they look great ! Good to see the jacking rails doing their work!

Mike D

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
Thanks, Mike D! The difference in how my car accelerates and turns is like night and day, it's that pronounced of a change. :cool:

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
looks damn good. I will make one suggestion while you are spending $$$$$$ I have all the Steeda goodies out back and love the support and quality but my favorite is the LCA bearings. ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD

Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Love the feedback!

TJ

plc268

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Race Red
looks damn good. I will make one suggestion while you are spending $$$$$$ I have all the Steeda goodies out back and love the support and quality but my favorite is the LCA bearings. ALL THE DIFFERENCE IN THE WORLD
I might have to do this. I've read a couple of comments similar to this that makes me feel like it might be worth the effort.

OP
OP
mikes2017gt

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
LCA bearings...have seen posts here that they are a bear to do without a real bearing press...all I have is a conventional clamp-type bearing tool. If I were to do this, I might look into buying new control arms with the bearings installed, and returning my stock arms for a core credit.

I did buy the FP toe link bearings, but have not installed them yet. I want to learn "my new car" first and get a feel for it. As I've not installed the Steeda sways yet, my suspension's not complete yet. Sways getting done this weekend. A little leery about the front, but as I've gotten this far with my mods, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Also wanted to add that Steeda is taking good care of me regarding my Gtrac K-brace issue. Just a bunch of great people to deal with. So refreshing in this day and age to see customer service still being done the way it should be. :cheers:

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
LCA bearings...have seen posts here that they are a bear to do without a real bearing press...all I have is a conventional clamp-type bearing tool. If I were to do this, I might look into buying new control arms with the bearings installed, and returning my stock arms for a core credit.

I did buy the FP toe link bearings, but have not installed them yet. I want to learn "my new car" first and get a feel for it. As I've not installed the Steeda sways yet, my suspension's not complete yet. Sways getting done this weekend. A little leery about the front, but as I've gotten this far with my mods, I'm sure I'll figure it out.

Also wanted to add that Steeda is taking good care of me regarding my Gtrac K-brace issue. Just a bunch of great people to deal with. So refreshing in this day and age to see customer service still being done the way it should be. :cheers:
If you dont have a press my suggestion would be take them to a local machine shop and pay them $20 to press them in and out. save time headache and blood........

Mike gave me GREAT service when I had an issue with my shocks that is what has sold me on their parts for my car.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
How did you tighten the driver's side Steeda Billet Front Sway Bar mount?

Sponsored

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
How did you tighten the driver's side Steeda Billet Front Sway Bar mount?
I believe I used a few extensions and a swivel socket if I'm not mistaken. It's been a while.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I believe I used a few extensions and a swivel socket if I'm not mistaken. It's been a while.
You got that on the bolt under the alternator?

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
You got that on the bolt under the alternator?
I remember it being a pain in the *ss, and removing my CAI box for a better angle at it.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I remember it being a pain in the *ss, and removing my CAI box for a better angle at it.
Oh yea CAI out to see down in there. I'll buy a low profile swivel socket and give it a try.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
Oh yea CAI out to see down in there. I'll buy a low profile swivel socket and give it a try.
I may have even used two swivels in the extensions somewhere and got it high enough to turn the ratchet. I'm glad I don't have to do it again.
Sponsored