Sponsored

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
How are you so sure adaptive cruise control will not be available on the Mach1?

Please provide your source -- not being wise; just want to know if there is concrete information on this. The order guide is unclear and I am not convinced the order guide does not commit a mistake by omission.
Order guide...the EB and GT has ACC as part of the options, Mach 1 doesn’t. Also, I have ACC and have been looking at interior pics. So far, all the interior pics doesn’t have the ACC buttons in the steering wheel. I hope I’m wrong, because I want it also, but decided it won’t be a deal breaker.
Sponsored

348SStb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 991.2 911 S Cab, 2017 AMG SL63, 2019 AMG C63S, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2019 Mustang GT Conv, too many others
Order guide...the EB and GT has ACC as part of the options, Mach 1 doesn’t. Also, I have ACC and have been looking at interior pics. So far, all the interior pics doesn’t have the ACC buttons in the steering wheel. I hope I’m wrong, because I want it also, but decided it won’t be a deal breaker.
Ford listens to its customers... handling package becoming available with the automatic on the Mach1 is very recent evidence of that.

Is the Mach1 supposed to be continued for 2022? If so, I would imagine ACC would become available for 2022.

Phil_AVF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 M2198 Grabber Yellow
The UK model doesn't have ACC or rear parking sensors.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Ford listens to its customers... handling package becoming available with the automatic on the Mach1 is very recent evidence of that.

Is the Mach1 supposed to be continued for 2022? If so, I would imagine ACC would become available for 2022.
I hope you’re right. Where the info that the HP will have the Auto? I’ve been away and probably missed the info.

348SStb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2017 991.2 911 S Cab, 2017 AMG SL63, 2019 AMG C63S, 2016 Boxster Spyder, 2019 Mustang GT Conv, too many others
I hope you’re right. Where the info that the HP will have the Auto? I’ve been away and probably missed the info.
It was in an October publication of a magazine article. Search the Internet and you’ll probably find it. I’ll take a quick look.

Sponsored

348SStb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Mach 1 will likely never get ACC. It doesn’t have to do with Ford listening to their customers, it’s the fact that due to the custom front fascia, they’d have to design a complete 1-off system to adapt to the design. Bullitt didn’t have ACC because of its custom front grilles, so there little chance that Mach 1 is getting it

Personally, I’m glad. I’m a tech guy and want all the bells and whistles, but I KNOW Ford would try to include ACC on one of those packages, and that’s 1 thing I absolutely do not want. Why the hell would you buy a fun car just to have the car do the driving for you?

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Mach 1 will likely never get ACC. It doesn’t have to do with Ford listening to their customers, it’s the fact that due to the custom front fascia, they’d have to design a complete 1-off system to adapt to the design. Bullitt didn’t have ACC because of its custom front grilles, so there little chance that Mach 1 is getting it

Personally, I’m glad. I’m a tech guy and want all the bells and whistles, but I KNOW Ford would try to include ACC on one of those packages, and that’s 1 thing I absolutely do not want. Why the hell would you buy a fun car just to have the car do the driving for you?
Because cruising around long distances it helps with fatigue and you’ll get to drive longer. Specially in FL where it’s flat as a pancake, that’s the only thing I don’t like about this state.

Other than that, you can always set the ACC to normal cruise control in the cluster. That’s how I have it set up currently, it won’t turn back on when your start up the car.

I just want the option for roadtrips.

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver

I'm with 320guy on this -- for long trips, it's a great option that helps avoid stops to stretch. I just rechecked the November ordering guide: "Includes all GT301A content, plus ..." and the GT301A content includes the Safe and Smart package as an option, not as included equipment as in the lesser models. Leaves me wondering if it will even have the anti-collision system. Not happy that such features disappear in the higher performance models.

Sponsored

Goblinchaser

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The UK model doesn't have ACC or rear parking sensors.
Apologies if anyone has already mentioned this, the Australian ebrochure lists ACC and rear parking sensors. I would have anticipated UK and Oz to have the same features given both are right hand drive export. Makes me wonder if it’s an error in the Australian brochure. I‘ve become quite used to it on longer trips.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Meh, it’s really not that hard to just look forward and brake when necessary. It’s not like your options are ACC or no cruise control at all. Standard cruise control takes all the fatigue out of it, all ACC does is give drivers an excuse to be lazy and inattentive... not to mention, it presents a safety hazard on track in certain situations

dhborden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Chassis# M1869, Iconic Silver
Meh, it’s really not that hard to just look forward and brake when necessary. It’s not like your options are ACC or no cruise control at all. Standard cruise control takes all the fatigue out of it, all ACC does is give drivers an excuse to be lazy and inattentive... not to mention, it presents a safety hazard on track in certain situations
I have to disagree about "excuse to be lazy and inattentive." In my experience, I actually am more attentive with ACC than standard cruise control because I want to minimize the speed up/down by the car, so I'm looking even further ahead to anticipate where others are going to I can stay at set speed. Standard cruise control would require intervention, but less "planning" for a smooth cruise.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Why would you use Normal or ACC on track?

Again, people just want options, I mean 60k car and that’s not an option in 2021? And it’s an option that you can decide to leave in normal, ACC or not use it at all.

The same way you want more color options, others want ACC and other things that you can get with any other models. Nothing wrong with that, because not everyone will track their cars. Some of them will be daily drivers, some weekend cars and some track cars.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have to disagree about "excuse to be lazy and inattentive." In my experience, I actually am more attentive with ACC than standard cruise control because I want to minimize the speed up/down by the car, so I'm looking even further ahead to anticipate where others are going to I can stay at set speed. Standard cruise control would require intervention, but less "planning" for a smooth cruise.
Sounds like exactly what I do (and anyone should do) anytime I’m driving... so congrats, your system made you start driving exactly how you should’ve been the wholemtime

Why would you use Normal or ACC on track?

Again, people just want options, I mean 60k car and that’s not an option in 2021? And it’s an option that you can decide to leave in normal, ACC or not use it at all.

The same way you want more color options, others want ACC and other things that you can get with any other models. Nothing wrong with that, because not everyone will track their cars. Some of them will be daily drivers, some weekend cars and some track cars.
While I don’t like the system and think it creates more hazard than safety, I do think it should be an option. My issue is that I KNOW if it WERE an option, it would be included with Nav or some other bullshit that has nothing to do with it, and I’d be FORCED to have it. It presents issues with track use because some tracks actually won’t allow cars with these types of systems. Sure, it’s only ever active when cruise is on in the Mustang, but adaptive braking and lane keep assist are “always on” options on other cars that cause serious safety hazards on track
Sponsored