Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
has anyone seen an authorative source yet that confirms the Mach 1 will be built in rhd for export markets (and that photo of the yellow green one is not an authorative source)
No, not yet. And with '19 & '20MY cars to sell, Ford won't comment on future products, so I suspect it'll be early next year before we get official confirmation.

However, they wouldn't have built that pre-production Grabber Yellow one in RHD is they weren't going to build and sell them in RHD. And that one was posted on Instagram by Mike Dean (@themikedean) who is a Ford employee. This is effectively Ford saying "look what's coming" without actually putting it in print :wink:
Sponsored

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Shame that Instagram post doesn’t show the window sticker or indeed gearbox so we can see what spec it is.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Didn’t Jim Farley say something about Mach 1 being global for the first time? I think that and the pictures RHD Mach 1 is enough to assume it’ll be going overseas

avocet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ted
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe so,but i wouldn't be too happy with a watered down Mach1 for 50 grand.

Sponsored

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I believe so,but i wouldn't be too happy with a watered down Mach1 for 50 grand.
What exactly is watered down about it? And you can option a GT to be over 50 grand, so again, a non-issue

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair if I was in the ford PR dept I could say the Shelby GT 500 was going world wide and make a prototype in rhd.... then when the cars landed in the up they would be stock gt’s with a sticker kit and a gt500 badge

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
What exactly is watered down about it? And you can option a GT to be over 50 grand, so again, a non-issue
We're talking RHD here........so the specs aren't set in stone. "Our" GTs are pretty much Performance Pack 1s with the Premium trim, but we still don't get the Torsen LSD. So, there's a fear we may not get the coolers (I personally think we will)........and there's no guarantee we'll get the Handling Package option (I don't think we will).

Only time will tell as to what spec we end up with, but I hope Ford does us proud and they don't skimp on any content.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
We're talking RHD here........so the specs aren't set in stone. "Our" GTs are pretty much Performance Pack 1s with the Premium trim, but we still don't get the Torsen LSD. So, there's a fear we may not get the coolers (I personally think we will)........and there's no guarantee we'll get the Handling Package option (I don't think we will).

Only time will tell as to what spec we end up with, but I hope Ford does us proud and they don't skimp on any content.
Ahh, I see. I mean, I’m fairly certain you guys won’t get the handling package, but I’d assume that the standard model will be the same as the US-spec

Sponsored

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Great pictures, the car look really awesome with the decals. But still can't get over those wheels. They are way too retro for the car and are visually too small appearing

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
A set of Magneride lowering springs and a set of 20" wheels with a decent offset will make all the difference :)

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think the wheels would’ve looked okay if the face wasn’t COMPLETELY gray... same goes for the HP wheels (except they already look great, just would’ve looked better with some silver accents on the face)

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Still no centre gauges in rhd I see....
any word yet on if rhd/export gets the tremec and Torsen?
Assuming not, then it’s a bit of an ugly duckling with tacky sticker kit, dubious retro wheels and an odd looking grille where they forgot to install the fog lights. Only the full house HP optioned without all the stickers makes sense to me, and we won’t get that outside the USA by the looks of it.

OP
OP
Twin Turbo

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Still no centre gauges in rhd I see....
any word yet on if rhd/export gets the tremec and Torsen?
Assuming not, then it’s a bit of an ugly duckling with tacky sticker kit, dubious retro wheels and an odd looking grille where they forgot to install the fog lights. Only the full house HP optioned without all the stickers makes sense to me, and we won’t get that outside the USA by the looks of it.
They're not going to add the centre gauges this late in the game and for such low numbers. And a Mach 1 without the stickers, just 'aint a Mach 1 :)

As for the Tremec and Torsen.......we're not going to get confirmed specs until next year is my bet, or at least until much later this year. Ford UK won't release anything yet as they are trying to clear the remaining '19/'20MY stock (both are now available with 0% finance, including the Bullitt). My guess is we'll get the Tremec but not the Torsen.
Sponsored