Review of the CV Fabrication 3" Catted Downpipe

OP
OP

Slicer101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EcoBoost
The last time I had a state inspection in Texas they put a sniffer on it. You would need to check your State/County/City. It can vary.

As an example I had someone tell me that in a neighboring county they did not check emissions but they do in mine as we are in a more populated area. BS possibly but for me it is not worth the hassel of possibly have to swap out parts just to get past the man.
Sponsored

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP
yeah here in VA they check just for codes i believe. I guess i was wondering if the smaller cat filters out enough to pass a sniffer.

Akingn88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang ecoboost premium PP
There is a bit of drone at certain speeds when you hit the right harmonics. Its very tolerable in my opinion, and my wife has no issues with it either. At first I did have a horrible harmonic vibration from my doors, which I discovered to be the active noise cancellation. Once I turned it off with Forscan, it went away. The other thing to note was that as time went on and the exhaust "seasoned", the tone got deeper and sounded even better than when it was first installed.

Are you still happy with your exhaust setup? I have the same catback system and was thinking about the cvf downpipe or the mbrp downpipe.

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EcoBoost Premium+ Ruby Red
Vehicle Showcase
Are you still happy with your exhaust setup? I have the same catback system and was thinking about the cvf downpipe or the mbrp downpipe.
Extremely happy with my exhaust and have had many compliments on how much better it sounds than a stock EcoBoost. Has the deepest tone of any I have heard in person.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Extremely happy with my exhaust and have had many compliments on how much better it sounds than a stock EcoBoost. Has the deepest tone of any I have heard in person.
To be fair the stock eco is practically silent lol

Sponsored

Akingn88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicle(s)

Ok thank you I pulled the trigger and bought it today.

Akingn88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicle(s)

Did you get a tune afterwards or no? And if no have you noticed any power loss in the low rpm's or any other kind of issue?

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
To be fair the stock eco is practically silent lol
I meant compared to other EcoBoosts with an aftermarket downpipe and/or catback exhaust. :)

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Did you get a tune afterwards or no? And if no have you noticed any power loss in the low rpm's or any other kind of issue?
I noticed zero power loss, but I did install the MBRP 3" Race catback at the same time as my CVF downpipe, so I can't speak to performance with OEM catback. Someone else will have to chime in on that point. I do have a tune, but it wasn't for any power loss problem or for a CEL. It was to get the extra power that was potential in the upgraded exhaust. The CEL problem I resolved with an O2 restrictor before I ever put the tune on. Reference my earlier posts in this thread, #3 and #8.

Akingn88

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Arthur
Vehicle(s)
I noticed zero power loss, but I did install the MBRP 3" Race catback at the same time as my CVF downpipe, so I can't speak to performance with OEM catback. Someone else will have to chime in on that point. I do have a tune, but it wasn't for any power loss problem or for a CEL. It was to get the extra power that was potential in the upgraded exhaust. The CEL problem I resolved with an O2 restrictor before I ever put the tune on. Reference my earlier posts in this thread, #3 and #8.

Ok thanks. I plan on getting a real tune just not yet. I do plan on getting the ford performance tune first and use that for awhile before I go with an aftermarket tune. Just for warranty concerns.

Sponsored

KewlWinter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The upgraded 3" to 3" adapter is now available as an option, folks - feel free to reach out with any questions!
Can you add both of the adapters as items that can be purchased without the down pipe on your website for those that have already bought the down pipe?

cvf-jason

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.cvfab.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost Mustang
Can you add both of the adapters as items that can be purchased without the down pipe on your website for those that have already bought the down pipe?
Definitely a reasonable ask! We'll throw it up this week for you. If you want it sooner feel free to reach out. Thanks for the suggestion.

4bangerECO

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang ecoboost base w/ performance pack
I have mine all installed. Before installation i had muffler delete, and y-pipe. Now have a CVF catless DP. I need to get a full exhaust ASAP. I'm debating putting the stock mufflers on for the time being, or the stock resonator. It is way way to loud. I can't get over how loud it is. I didn't think it would be that loud, but yet again, i have NO resonator, or mufflers :surprised:
Sponsored