corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Don't suppose you have a Cliff's Notes text version, do you? I'm interested in what you found, but I do struggle to learn much from video presentations (anybody's, not just yours). Sorry.

Norm

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I fully understand :D

Unfortunately I don't have anything in written form

But in general
- The front felt very well composed and inspiring. The grip and confidence was good from a front end perspective. I was however running 275 MPS4S tires on the fronts so that helped out a bit.
- The rear in my opinon was to soft in track mode even on the street. I personally did not have confidence on how the rear was behaving, I am not sure if this was due the spring install/magneride system acting up or something else. I also covered in the vid that my bushings were clocked. It was improved after this was done but still loose in the the rear, I believe these springs are to soft for the rear end for the S550. On the rears I was at the end running 305 MPS4S tires

I would opt for this package https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M or go with BMR handling springs/Steeda dual rate comp springs.

From a comfort PoV the springs and the magneride system worked really well considering I was running 20". The ride was really comfortable all things considered.

Don't suppose you have a Cliff's Notes text version, do you? I'm interested in what you found, but I do struggle to learn much from video presentations (anybody's, not just yours). Sorry.

Norm

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Thanks for responding. I do have a couple of thoughts.

What wheel widths are you running those tires on?

I'm thinking that the better the tire, the more likely it is that they'll find shortcomings in the rest of the setup.

Norm

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
No problem!
I was running 10" on the fronts and 11" on the rears.

I agree with you, it could just be me but in certain situations it felt a bit "sketchy"

Thanks for responding. I do have a couple of thoughts.

What wheel widths are you running those tires on?

I'm thinking that the better the tire, the more likely it is that they'll find shortcomings in the rest of the setup.

Norm

Sponsored

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Did you happen to notice whether the closely-spaced coils on the rear springs were actually touching with the car at rest and full weight on all four tires? It's perhaps possible that you were operating over enough of the soft rate region to notice.

I can't make the fact that your rear tires were on wheels relatively narrower for their size (measuring width) than the front tires were for theirs (1/2" wider than measuring) account for all of what you were feeling.

Norm

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the delayed reply.
With regards to the coils it was nothing that I noticed. I have pictures on what it looked like but somehow I have deleted my folder with 400+ pictures/videos of the car :(

The tires size most likely did have an impact on how the front felt relative to the rear. But the rear I feel was not the tires as such it's difficult to tell in words :), it felt "mushy"

Did you happen to notice whether the closely-spaced coils on the rear springs were actually touching with the car at rest and full weight on all four tires? It's perhaps possible that you were operating over enough of the soft rate region to notice.

I can't make the fact that your rear tires were on wheels relatively narrower for their size (measuring width) than the front tires were for theirs (1/2" wider than measuring) account for all of what you were feeling.

Norm

RichBrew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue EBPP
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for the delayed reply.
With regards to the coils it was nothing that I noticed. I have pictures on what it looked like but somehow I have deleted my folder with 400+ pictures/videos of the car :(

The tires size most likely did have an impact on how the front felt relative to the rear. But the rear I feel was not the tires as such it's difficult to tell in words :), it felt "mushy"
even after firming up the suspension, the whole IRS cradle is usually still pretty mushy. do you have anything in the rear like the steeda stop the hop starter kit? the rear end will generally feel mushy until you do something like that.

OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
on the rear I had
- CB005
- Steeda Red diff bushings
- Steeda subframe alignment kit for CB005

For straight line the above components, with the springs and magneride where terrific though, hooked up really good.

even after firming up the suspension, the whole IRS cradle is usually still pretty mushy. do you have anything in the rear like the steeda stop the hop starter kit? the rear end will generally feel mushy until you do something like that.

Thegipper

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
D
I fully understand :D

Unfortunately I don't have anything in written form

But in general
- The front felt very well composed and inspiring. The grip and confidence was good from a front end perspective. I was however running 275 MPS4S tires on the fronts so that helped out a bit.
- The rear in my opinon was to soft in track mode even on the street. I personally did not have confidence on how the rear was behaving, I am not sure if this was due the spring install/magneride system acting up or something else. I also covered in the vid that my bushings were clocked. It was improved after this was done but still loose in the the rear, I believe these springs are to soft for the rear end for the S550. On the rears I was at the end running 305 MPS4S tires

I would opt for this package https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9602-M or go with BMR handling springs/Steeda dual rate comp springs.

From a comfort PoV the springs and the magneride system worked really well considering I was running 20". The ride was really comfortable all things considered.
Does the package in the link you provided work with PP1 cars or do they have some of the included options in that package?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Mazman

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Garbage springs.The rears are incredibly soft . It was designed by bunch of old ass retire ford performance wanna be.