OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
87 has more energy and burns faster, leaving less unburnt fuel... 93 burns slower and therefore may have more measurable unburnt fuel for the cats to deal with.

my question is whats the diff in the regular catted headers and "green cats"?
Supposedly these are better for the environment (clean better than "performance cats") but flow as good as the performance cats. The intent is to have a header that doesn't throw a code which there are cases that they did not cause any codes. Mine would be one of those that wasn't so lucky.
Sponsored

rs7337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem & 1968 Mustang coupe
there are ways to just trick the ecu... i just dont see the price difference they are asking.

marylandspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Thanks for the order, great to hear you are happy with your Mustang. If anyone else wants this awesome setup, check out our free coating promo at the link below. Also call us @ 443-730-9428 for Mustang6G deals!

http://marylandspeed.com/holiday-i-24.html

OP
OP
Performance nut

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, bit of an update. I called Kooks and they weren't helpful at all as far as the code goes except for "sorry, you are one of the unlucky ones". So I did some digging and found the manufacturer of the catalytic converters and spoke to one of their guys.

I won't go into detail mainly because the engineers need to look at the data I captured from the computer. When I find out more, I'll let you all know (may be a week or so).

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Please do share the info when you get it. I got theemissions codes about 200 miles after installing the Kooks green highfow cats. I did end up having my tunerdisablethose codes from showing up so I could still pass emissions as well as my drive cyle for the readiness codes. So far no CEL in over 2000 miles.

Sponsored

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
I have BBK 1 3/4 w/high flow cats. No check engine light when first installed, but when the weather dipped below 65ish here in FL the light came on. I have a new tune to bypass the codes, but haven't installed yet. But the weather has been over 70 and no CEL.

It was odd because even with the cooler weather, I drove the car at least 15 miles in stop and go traffic so it should have been enough to knock it out if heat was the factor. I'm driving a little more just to see if the CEL comes back before adding the tune.

Interested to see how yours turns out.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
we just did a full arh install with jlt and lund tune, i'll get the before and after graphs
Sponsored