Rev-match from 2019 "retrofitting"?

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)
Does anybody know, how rev-match in 2019+ manual GTs actually works? What module controlls it? Is it ecu, bcm, or even dash (as some features)? If it is not ecu, then can it be "retrofited" by swapping modules on earlier cars? Or this effect can be achieved with a fancy tune?
Sponsored

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Me too

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I don't know what module it feeds to, but there's a physical hall/magneto sensor that plugs into the trans that tells the computer what gear the car is in.

The answer is, it's basically impossible to retrofit the factory way with a reasonable cost.

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
The ECU is absolutely part of it, fed by a module that gets the input from the tranny sensors (as mentioned). The ECU has to 'blip the throttle', and also hold rpm on up-shifts (it does it both ways). The better question is if the ECU is any different on 2019+ cars, or it already had that input since the 2018 engine changes, which is my guess. But yes, basically impossible to retrofit; you'd be better off trading to a newer car.

OP
OP
terion

terion

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Volodymyr
Vehicle(s)
GT PP MT 2016 (restyled)
The ECU is absolutely part of it, fed by a module that gets the input from the tranny sensors (as mentioned). The ECU has to 'blip the throttle', and also hold rpm on up-shifts (it does it both ways). The better question is if the ECU is any different on 2019+ cars, or it already had that input since the 2018 engine changes, which is my guess. But yes, basically impossible to retrofit; you'd be better off trading to a newer car.
Event 2015+ holds rpm on upshifts

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Event 2015+ holds rpm on upshifts
Is this a thing? I haven't noticed with mine... Would be interesting to see if this is able to be activated in forscan