Sponsored

Rev Hang after LT's and Airaid Insert Removal

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Just installed my Stainless Power catted longtubes and cut out the Airaid intake insert (removed MAF and cleaned before reinstalling). While waiting on my Lund tune that I ordered for my injectors and GT350 IM (which I have not yet installed) I went ahead and loaded a new Bama tune for the long tubes and insert removal. My previous Bama tune was fine and I had no issues with the intake, catback and tune ran for several hundred miles. After installing the new tune and letting her run for a bit including multiple sessions of warming up, cruising and WOT, the car hesitates to return to idle speed when coming to a stop or letting off the gas in 1st gear at say 10mph (as if the throttle is staying open) for another few seconds. The same thing happens in neutral if I give it a slight rev. It will hold at 2k RPMS for 3-5 seconds before coming back down to 650 and staying. Bama wants me to do datalogs at idle, throttle stepping and cruise. Anyone else have this issue after a tune?
Sponsored

JAS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT black accent package
I had that issue when I installed my Roush intake without the insert. I also received a CEL saying i was in a lean condition. It turned out I had the wrong tune; it was for the Roush intake with the insert installed. I will admit that it was my fault that I had the wrong tune (somehow forgot to mention I wanted to run sans insert).

Im not familiar with exactly how the airaid intake works, but I would recommend reinstalling the intake insert. Or install the stock intake until you get your Lund tune.

OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I had that issue when I installed my Roush intake without the insert. I also received a CEL saying i was in a lean condition. It turned out I had the wrong tune; it was for the Roush intake with the insert installed. I will admit that it was my fault that I had the wrong tune (somehow forgot to mention I wanted to run sans insert).

Im not familiar with exactly how the airaid intake works, but I would recommend reinstalling the intake insert. Or install the stock intake until you get your Lund tune.

I may install the factory intake and have them tune for that. The insert in the new Airaid is not removable, it must be cut out so it can't be put back.

JAS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT black accent package
I actually l think that BAMA sent you a tune for the Airaid with the insert still installed. And knowing that intake is a no tune intake, you should be just fine running a stock air box with the tune you have now.

OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Bama looked into it and the tune was for the insert removed with all the correct mods. They sent me a revision letting me know it could take a few to get right and low and behold the first revision didn't seem to help much if at all. Awaiting another revision.

OP
OP
venumous

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Just an update for anyone that has this issue in the future, the first post data log revision was nearly perfect. I would like to say that Brandon at Bama provides excellent customer service. He let me know that this tune would be within 5% of a final product and requested additional logs to zero it in, which I submitted last night and already have the final revision in my inbox this morning. Great company to work with and something I find extremely rare.
Sponsored