Sponsored

Retrofit 2019 Bullitt Digital Dash Gear Display in a 2018?

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
I have a 2018 with the dash, and I was annoyed how it never showed current gear for the manual. The Bullitt however seems to have this feature, would it be possible to update the software to do the same thing on 18s?
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
My guess is the same thing that allows rev-matching downshifts allows the gear display, and it's probably some sort of sensor in the shifter or maybe in the transmission. So, probably not as simple as a software update.

OP
OP

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
My guess is the same thing that allows rev-matching downshifts allows the gear display, and it's probably some sort of sensor in the shifter or maybe in the transmission. So, probably not as simple as a software update.
If you're quiet enough, you can hear the sound of my dreams being shattered by your post...:(

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Are you sure it just isn't an A10 dash you are seeing?

I kind of wish I had both. There is so much potential for digital dashes.

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Are you sure it just isn't an A10 dash you are seeing?

I kind of wish I had both. There is so much potential for digital dashes.
Bullitt is only manual, so if there is a Bullitt video out there somewhere that shows the current gear, it's not the A10. That being said, it wouldn't be the first time the marketing guys edited together stuff that doesn't really go together.

Edit: Nope, it definitely shows the gear - at about the 8:00 mark
[ame]

OP
OP

BLU2DSKY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 V6
Bullitt is only manual, so if there is a Bullitt video out there somewhere that shows the current gear, it's not the A10. That being said, it wouldn't be the first time the marketing guys edited together stuff that doesn't really go together.
It was shown in the 1st video review of the car, not a marketing thing so it definitely is real

BULLITTGUY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium w/ Performance Pack

Edit: Nope, it definitely shows the gear - at about the 8:00 mark
Yeah, your right about the marketing guys. In the reveal video for the Bullitt, the dash shows automatic transmission gears only to show a manual transmission in the next scene! (At the :38 sec mark)
754872B9-60F8-480C-BC89-419DECA1126C.jpeg

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I have a 2018 with the dash, and I was annoyed how it never showed current gear for the manual. The Bullitt however seems to have this feature, would it be possible to update the software to do the same thing on 18s?
Most likely would have to swap the clusters.

It’s the same sort of thing with the 15-17 clusters not showing the digital speedo like on the GT350 cluster no way to change it.

Sponsored

moto111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
why the hell do you need a gear indicator in a manual car..... maybe if its a racer for autocross other then i see no need

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
why the hell do you need a gear indicator in a manual car..... maybe if its a racer for autocross other then i see no need
My initial thought, but in reflection, it might not be a bad idea for everyday driving. For sporty driving you are going to shift based on RPM, and it's either up or down...

I personally thought the digital RPM in the middle of an analog tach seemed odd and way too busy with the number changing so quickly, seems like too much of a distraction.

Bravo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
German Turbo Box
As mentioned above, the 2019 6MT likely has sensors within the transmission to detect the selected gear. A simple dash swap out will probably not display the gear.

The bigger question is will the non-digital dash 2019 6MTs have a place to display gear, or will this be a digital dash only feature?