Sponsored

Results from cams and Cj

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Glad to see you created a thread, now we can be a little more sporadic with our topic discussions lol.

After looking at what L&M says about their intake cam, they claim it only has "a few degrees more in duration", how much is the question but the lift and I'm sure LSA remains the same. That being the case, I would say this cam was originally intended to shine best on a stock intake manifold powerband. That being said, the only true way to really gain some hp from cams, as you stated, is to go with a more aggressive cam setup. However, even with stock cams, a set of ported heads would do the 15+ coyote wonders. Adding all of that flow from the intake manifold and exhaust manifold aftermarket replacements, it seems the heads could benefit from some modification as well. In comparison to the 11-14 camshaft, the 15+ camshaft is quite more aggressive, spec wise.

Hit the track with your setup, with a good tire and a good drive, it should run 10s.

Kris
Sponsored

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
I'd say about the same as mine maybe a few less hp and a shorter peak power .
Car feels very strong yes. I've been running just straight be85 since the tune.
Too bad you're not close. It'd be interesting to run each other when I can finally flash my torco tune.

How's the throttle characteristics with the CJ? Did you get keep your K brace?

A.Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0
How does the car sound with different cams installed? Can you hear any difference? I know you don't hear the lope very much with these cars.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
This is why I went boosted.

Sponsored

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
How does the car sound with different cams installed? Can you hear any difference? I know you don't hear the lope very much with these cars.
Sounds fairly stock to me. I don't really notice much of any idle change.

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Too bad you're not close. It'd be interesting to run each other when I can finally flash my torco tune.

How's the throttle characteristics with the CJ? Did you get keep your K brace?
Oh yea that would have been fun.
Car runs like stock and feels great. No hiccups or issues.
I haven't tried to install the brace after removing it.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Eh it's all in what you want. I didn't want to drop a Ton into my car. I wanted a very fun all around na car.
What did you pay for all that plus install?

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
What did you pay for all that plus install?
800 for cams and 1000 to install cams, opg , clutch , ds loop and some other things. Cams really only cost me 200$ to install because I was doing opg anyway and that was 500$ install fee. It was a good deal because that included all the misc parts and fluids. Even a new radiator hose. I've probably got 3500 total in to this. Still thousands less than a Paxton that I don't want.

Sponsored

kris5597

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
The cam that was installed has minimal difference from the stock cam so that won't affect idle much, especially since the engine is a VCT engine. No engine should sounds "cammed" with VCT, it can, 99% of the time, be tuned to idle like "stock."

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Great Post! This is interesting to me.... as I'm going with a very similar combo.

The mods in sig, and next Monday they start the install of OPG, Comp Stage 3 cames, CJ intake, CJ Monoblade, topped of with CJ PMAS intake...... We will start with 93 to get base then swich to E85. Lund will be remote tuning....

How does it feel? Whats the expectations for ET and MPH?

OP
OP
09jsw

09jsw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard PP GT
Great Post! This is interesting to me.... as I'm going with a very similar combo.

The mods in sig, and next Monday they start the install of OPG, Comp Stage 3 cames, CJ intake, CJ Monoblade, topped of with CJ PMAS intake...... We will start with 93 to get base then swich to E85. Lund will be remote tuning....

How does it feel? Whats the expectations for ET and MPH?
Wow please post here and make another thread with results. I'm highly interested in that setup.
Ehh so far I've only run the Lund race E tune and it was a disaster. Street tires and very bad air got me a 12.6@113. Idk what happened because I've been [email protected] on stock intake just with headers. I expected 120s even with a bad pass. Not really sure here.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Wow please post here and make another thread with results. I'm highly interested in that setup.
Ehh so far I've only run the Lund race E tune and it was a disaster. Street tires and very bad air got me a 12.6@113. Idk what happened because I've been [email protected] on stock intake just with headers. I expected 120s even with a bad pass. Not really sure here.

I will. So I have been 12.2@117 on stock tires so it will be interesting.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Yes, I am very interested in your results as well. Make sure you guys going to the track with these setups are shifting around 8k or you will not see the benefits of the power made up top!! Also don't count runs pedaling the crap out of first and second gear due to wheel hop or poor traction. I ran a 12.3 @115 with my setup on the stock Pzero's because I could not get any traction in first or second with out wheel hop. Now that I have the BMR rear subframe lockouts and some good drag radials I am expecting 11's at near or at 120ish.
Sponsored