Sponsored

Restoring faded tailight lens cover

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
What could I do to the Tailights to restore some of the black to it? Would polishing and compound help anything?

1E754CC0-840A-425E-9C85-CB208C2A0816.png
Sponsored

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
What could I do to the Tailights to restore some of the black to it? Would polishing and compound help anything?

1E754CC0-840A-425E-9C85-CB208C2A0816.png
Polishing would remove the hazing and oxidization that I can see in your image.

Ideally, start with a less aggressive polish first, moving to something with a bit of extra bite. These gloss black plastic are super soft and mark easily.

A single step product like Sonax Perfect Finish or Scholl S20 Black would work as well.

If you don't have a small polisher like the Rupes iBrid, you may have to do those areas by hand, using your finger wrapped in a microfiber cloth. You can also get micro-polisher attachments for larger polishers.

OP
OP
thecloneranger

thecloneranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 royal crimson mustang gt
Polishing would remove the hazing and oxidization that I can see in your image.

Ideally, start with a less aggressive polish first, moving to something with a bit of extra bite. These gloss black plastic are super soft and mark easily.

A single step product like Sonax Perfect Finish or Scholl S20 Black would work as well.

If you don't have a small polisher like the Rupes iBrid, you may have to do those areas by hand, using your finger wrapped in a microfiber cloth. You can also get micro-polisher attachments for larger polishers.
Thanks I’ll get right on that
Sponsored