OP
OP
Briebee72

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
The only place left in my town I go to is a bar, a larger one almost corporate in feel but it's a one-owner operation. The place screams $8 bottle beers and $20 burgers. Stocked heavily with hipsters at all hours writing their latest blogs and whatnot. But it's actually the opposite. Big portions for low prices. $11 burgers with an entire second plate just for the fries. Reasonable drinks too. Everywhere else though? Crazy prices and loud, trendy, atmosphere. I'm not paying $27 for a smothered burrito just because the guy making it is named Kylan, has a blog about free trade wine, and drives a Tesla Model X. But those are the most common establishments around here.
Yeah we live in asheville NC and it has micro brew pubs everywhere. They are all doing poorly and cant understand why. Well I can, one they have saturated the market and diluted the customer base. How many customers you think youll get a night when there are 20 business on a street and 12 are a micro brew? Then to top off the diluted customer base you charge 9 dollars for a 10 ounce glass of your swill that anyone can make at home in a 5 gallon bucket. Then they have a trendy bar food menu with high dollar ingredients that makes a simple nacho into a free range goat milk and organic flour mess that cost 17 dollars.... they wonder why they are out of business in 6 months. We had a place had rockin burritos they were big thick loaded and about 9 bucks with chips salsa and drink. They had line out door. Then they got all greedy started charging by topping , small portions, charged 4 dollars for a soda..... started to be almost 17 dollars for one person. It went out of business cause people stopped going. Resturaunt owners trying to buy houses, yachts, and exotic vacations through price increases shoot themselves in the foot
Sponsored

Reactions: XS

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Went to subway yesterday, meat was thinner than the cheese, I miss going to the small deli in New York City.
If you're near Mount Pleasant, go to Primo's on 17.

JR

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
If you're near Mount Pleasant, go to Primo's on 17.

JR
Take my wife up there every couple of months to see spec. I get on 17 south at end of 41. Is it on the left or right going toward Charlestown, Or one of the shopping centers? I will check it out.

Sponsored

jacknifetoaswan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Here you go.

C10B9822-55D4-46E4-B9B5-705E13205E4D.jpeg
Yup, right there. I grew up in Central Jersey, and while the "hoagies" they sell at Primo aren't what I grew up with (Jersey Mike's style, but not shitty), they're damn fine sandwiches. I lived outside of Philly for eight years, and Primo popped up just before I moved down here. The Sharp Italian is a personal fav.

JR

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
Yeah we live in asheville NC and it has micro brew pubs everywhere. They are all doing poorly and cant understand why. Well I can, one they have saturated the market and diluted the customer base. How many customers you think youll get a night when there are 20 business on a street and 12 are a micro brew? Then to top off the diluted customer base you charge 9 dollars for a 10 ounce glass of your swill that anyone can make at home in a 5 gallon bucket. Then they have a trendy bar food menu with high dollar ingredients that makes a simple nacho into a free range goat milk and organic flour mess that cost 17 dollars.... they wonder why they are out of business in 6 months. We had a place had rockin burritos they were big thick loaded and about 9 bucks with chips salsa and drink. They had line out door. Then they got all greedy started charging by topping , small portions, charged 4 dollars for a soda..... started to be almost 17 dollars for one person. It went out of business cause people stopped going. Resturaunt owners trying to buy houses, yachts, and exotic vacations through price increases shoot themselves in the foot
If I lived in Asheville I'd probably be at Sierra Nevada every night out...love that place.
Sponsored