OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
If you plan on having a shop do it, find a good one that will do it right. I‘m having mine done this spring by a shop that is owned by a guy I’ve known for 25 years. I’ve already talked to him about it and he’s done several active exhaust Mustangs so he knows the drill. He’ll wrap the wires in gorilla tape if I want him to as well. I‘m having the Steeda H pipe installed as an FYI. Several folks here recommend it over the X for the deeper tone.
I’m definitely doing H. The shop you’re using wouldn’t happen to be in Georgia, would it?

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
If you plan on having a shop do it, find a good one that will do it right. I‘m having mine done this spring by a shop that is owned by a guy I’ve known for 25 years. I’ve already talked to him about it and he’s done several active exhaust Mustangs so he knows the drill. He’ll wrap the wires in gorilla tape if I want him to as well. I‘m having the Steeda H pipe installed as an FYI. Several folks here recommend it over the X for the deeper tone.
Steeda H pipe all the way!!! Same here and love the deep sound as opposed to raspy X.
Ant

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I have had Steeda H-pipe with active exhaust for almost 3 years now I think. I love it and don't have any reason to ever change it.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
I went with a Steeda X-Pipe for my active exhaust res delete. No problems. I made sure that I went to a reputable exhaust shop and had a conversation with them about my concerns with the AE wires etc. As for sound/tone, definitely more volume. I run in normal mode most of the time (instead of sport) on the city streets because I noticed that when accelerating beside other cars the sound is monstrous and people kinda give me a "bro, your car is scaring my kids" type of look, LOL. On the freeway or country roads I switch to sport mode for the louder sound. I don't have any drone.

OP
OP
The Insomnimaniac

The Insomnimaniac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT w/ Black Accent Pkg
I went with a Steeda X-Pipe for my active exhaust res delete. No problems. I made sure that I went to a reputable exhaust shop and had a conversation with them about my concerns with the AE wires etc. As for sound/tone, definitely more volume. I run in normal mode most of the time (instead of sport) on the city streets because I noticed that when accelerating beside other cars the sound is monstrous and people kinda give me a "bro, your car is scaring my kids" type of look, LOL. On the freeway or country roads I switch to sport mode for the louder sound. I don't have any drone.
Cool! I bet sport and track mode are a full blown riot with the res delete. I’m thinking of just taking it down to Steeda in Valdosta, GA (~3.5 hr drive) and having them do it, if they will.

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Yeah, track mode knocks homes off their foundations..... You are so lucky to have a Steeda near you. If I did I would be broke with all the goodies I would have them put on my car! Good luck!
Sponsored