Sponsored

Request for comments - MODES - Triple Amber Triple Red taillight LED upgrade kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury GT Convertible with Magneride
Hi, mate. Order has been open for a while. Almost have a couple dozens of Stangs fitted with it. First batch is almost out (single palm left).
That's cool - we have the 3 mode ones currently and It's great you'r stuff is popular, but I'm looking for the kit for a 2018 car, as NZ deliveries have started and we got my wife's this week.

I understood 2018 kits are different and still to come, or did I miss that 15-18 is now all the same kit?
Sponsored

tienlo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Tien
Vehicle(s)
2017 Black Manual GT, S2000, 350z, MT-03
Happy customer from Adelaide here.

I've just taken delivery of & installed these Mustang tail light triple amber & triple red tail light panels.
First up, the LED upgrade boards are packaged incredibly well (think iPhone in box), and are excellent quality.

The DIY install was time consuming and involved some courageous cutting of the tail light housing, the electronics part was straightforward. The option where you get Kevin to do the cutting and gluing back together is a good deal if you're not keen to damage your lights. Mine ended up a little messy (but those parts were out of sight)

Sequential tail lights work perfectly, the new (innermost and middle) LED panels blend in seamlessly with the original orange & red outer tail light. With triple brake bars and sequential be indicating, it's much brighter.

Now the tail lights function exactly as they should have from factory :) highly recommended!

Reactions: Fen

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
Fitted mine today very impressed with everything! It was a bit daunting at first but once I got the technique of cutting open the taillights it was a breeze, can't recommend highly enough! Think I'm the first UK customer to install these? Correct me if i'm wrong haha

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus
I've been a bit slow getting my information up. Ray did the install on my TY vert a couple of weeks ago. He's posted an installation video.

I have to say it was an absolute pleasure dealing with him. Very knowledgeable and a very professional job. I am pleased to recommend him, his lights and his workmanship!

He installed white /amber sequential tribars at the front, and sequential rear tail lights, tinted LED side markers as well as the lower front GT grill. Disconnected the original DRLs. I'm very happy with the look of the car.

IMG_4265.JPG

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue Mustang GT PP
If I were to purchase euro tail lights for my USDM S550 and got this kit would it work on my car?

Sponsored

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
If I were to purchase euro tail lights for my USDM S550 and got this kit would it work on my car?
No as the wiring is different, (mainly because of the stock sequentials on USDM)

OP
OP
ExoticPonyMods

ExoticPonyMods

Threads
Reaction score
Website
exoticponymods.com
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No as the wiring is different, (mainly because of the stock sequentials on USDM)
No it wouldn't work with USDM body module. The USDM BCM sends out completely different signals. Although it is possible to make such an item, but we didnt see the volume a demand to justify such a product.

Below is the latest video on the Wiring Part of the Triple Amber Triple Red 3A3R Mustang Tail Light Upgrade Kit

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No it wouldn't work with USDM body module. The USDM BCM sends out completely different signals. Although it is possible to make such an item, but we didnt see the volume a demand to justify such a product.

Below is the latest video on the Wiring Part of the Triple Amber Triple Red 3A3R Mustang Tail Light Upgrade Kit

That's too bad. I saw the Kickstarter page. I just found your site today but the fundraising is already over with. Some of us US guys want exactly what you're doing over there. Personally I want the clear tails and sequential Amber with solid red brake lights. Unfortunately it appears there's not enough of us who want it here.

OP
OP
ExoticPonyMods

ExoticPonyMods

Threads
Reaction score
Website
exoticponymods.com
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
That's too bad. I saw the Kickstarter page. I just found your site today but the fundraising is already over with. Some of us US guys want exactly what you're doing over there. Personally I want the clear tails and sequential Amber with solid red brake lights. Unfortunately it appears there's not enough of us who want it here.
I think that is what the campaign has found out. Although we already have made a prototype, but we didn't find enough justification to take it to production. However, we have put our effort in some other stuff. We are going to release something quite special very soon.

TYGT350

Nope, not a GT350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think that is what the campaign has found out. Although we already have made a prototype, but we didn't find enough justification to take it to production. However, we have put our effort in some other stuff. We are going to release something quite special very soon.
Something related to US customers having fully functional euro tail lights? :wink:
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.