Sponsored

Reputable dealer/shop to change tires on Carbon Fiber wheels in the Kansas City area?

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
Hi all,

As title says, looking for a reputable dealer/shop within the Kansas City area to install new tires on my GT350R. My go-to dealer does not have the equipment needed, so they referred one that does. Called said dealer with equipment, but was given the, "Yes we are a certified GT350 dealer and have the equipment, but we aren't liable for any damages to your wheels."

Is that the response to expect from all dealers/shops? Is there no choice but to hope they don't damage them? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
Hi all,

As title says, looking for a reputable dealer/shop within the Kansas City area to install new tires on my GT350R. My go-to dealer does not have the equipment needed, so they referred one that does. Called said dealer with equipment, but was given the, "Yes we are a certified GT350 dealer and have the equipment, but we aren't liable for any damages to your wheels."

Is that the response to expect from all dealers/shops? Is there no choice but to hope they don't damage them? Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
I think the answer to your question lies in how familiar your local shop is with carbon fiber wheels and the equipment used to service them. As an example....here in the Phoenix area, we have store locations with personnel that have been thoroughly trained to service carbon fiber wheels, and the equipment used to change them. Unless there is prior damage to the wheel that brings liability into the conversation, there is no conversation. They have zero issues with that product.

I will be happy to check the Kansas City area for a Discount Tire location close to you that can address your tire needs. Sending a DM your way.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
With a response like that, I would send my tire business his way, and make sure he gets the credit for the referral.

Also, isn't discount tire and tire rack the same company now? If you don't have a discount tire near you, maybe look into the mobile tire install service from tire rack, if they are the same company, you would think the mobile guys have the same training. Just make sure you let them know that you have carbon wheels, if they require special tools/attachments to mount tires on carbon wheels the may only have 1 or 2 trucks in your area with the special tools so you want to make sure they send the right truck.

Last edited:

Discount Tire

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Vehicle(s)
All Things FORD
@I Bleed Ford Blue Tire Rack does fall under the Discount Tire umbrella and you are spot on with your mobile service recommendation. I appreciate the assist!

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
@Tomster can be of assistance here, at least as it relates to the equipment needed and how to properly service them without damaging them

Sponsored

OP
OP
RJ787

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
I think the answer to your question lies in how familiar your local shop is with carbon fiber wheels and the equipment used to service them. As an example....here in the Phoenix area, we have store locations with personnel that have been thoroughly trained to service carbon fiber wheels, and the equipment used to change them. Unless there is prior damage to the wheel that brings liability into the conversation, there is no conversation. They have zero issues with that product.

I will be happy to check the Kansas City area for a Discount Tire location close to you that can address your tire needs. Sending a DM your way.
That would be fantastic!

Thank you for reaching out.

PM received and replied.

OP
OP
RJ787

RJ787

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R [LR215]
With a response like that, I would send my tire business his way, and make sure he gets the credit for the referral.

Also, isn't discount tire and tire rack the same company now? If you don't have a discount tire near you, maybe look into the mobile tire install service from tire rack, if they are the same company, you would think the mobile guys have the same training. Just make sure you let them know that you have carbon wheels, if they require special tools/attachments to mount tires on carbon wheels the may only have 1 or 2 trucks in your area with the special tools so you want to make sure they send the right truck.
I sure will if we can set something up!

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Something else to consider, if you buy the new tires from discount/tire rack, you can have them shipped to the mobile installer and they will bring them with when they come to do the install. Then you don't have to be there when they are delivered or worry about porch pirates taking your new tires.

Also, the mobile install truck is cheaper than a traditional brick and mortar tire shop and they don't try to upsell you on any unneeded extras like shocks or brakes or alignments that local shops like to do. And finally, they were professional, polite, and had all the tools needed to install the tires, including floor jacks and jack stands, impacts, torque wrenches, etc. and they followed all special instructions to the letter.

I used to work for a local tire shop back in my younger days and I know what the job is like and how the local shops treat their customers, and after using the tire rack mobile service, I will never go back to a local shop ever again even though I have three within walking distance from my house.

Last edited: