Friend of Dorothy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Twister Orange 2020 FN GT
Some hope @Twin Turbo here that the S650 may be available in RHD:
https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-ne...ut-the-next-gen-rival-to-the-chevrolet-camaro

POSTSCRIPT: I have just noticed that there is a post on the Ford Performance Club website here in Australia that has a link to this same article. I don't know who runs the site, but I would presume that it is someone from Ford Australia. I would not think they would share the link, if RHD was definitely not going to happen.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Good article, thank you! That puts a much more positive spin on it and the description of CD6 being "building blocks" rather than a physical platform is something those in the know over at Blue Oval Forums have said, too.

This is good to hear, too:

"We also hear that there will be a massive leap forward in the design and perceived material quality of the cabin"

Whilst the S550's interior is head and shoulders above any previous Mustang, it needs to be better (in terms of quality rather than design) to justify the cost of the car outside the US. At $30k (US) it's fine in a base S550.......at $50-60k (the equivalent to what we pay here in the UK and you guys pay in Aus).....not so much.

Anyway, good to see other outlets picking up the S650 story :like:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Bullitts, fully-loaded GTs, and now the new Mach1s will be well into the $50Ks, with the same crappy interior. But hey, at least we're not paying double that for a GT500 with the same crappy interior. Ha ha. It's the same thing with the Corvette. Every time they say the next iteration will be much better, but it's only marginally better, and way behind others by the time they come out. What kills me on both is charging extra for a 'premium' interior, and only putting slightly less crappy leather... and only in the freaking middle of the seats, with the ugly vinyl on the bolsters and other areas glaringly different in texture and color, making the cost-cutting painfully obvious. That needs to change with both cars.

Mikthehun1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'
Bullitts, fully-loaded GTs, and now the new Mach1s will be well into the $50Ks, with the same crappy interior. But hey, at least we're not paying double that for a GT500 with the same crappy interior. Ha ha. It's the same thing with the Corvette. Every time they say the next iteration will be much better, but it's only marginally better, and way behind others by the time they come out. What kills me on both is charging extra for a 'premium' interior, and only putting slightly less crappy leather... and only in the freaking middle of the seats, with the ugly vinyl on the bolsters and other areas glaringly different in texture and color, making the cost-cutting painfully obvious. That needs to change with both cars.
Find me another 460HP car for $35k with a nicer interior. I want it on my desk tomorrow morning.

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I JUST came across this site from Ford:
https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford/ford-mustang/2023-ford-mustang/

2023 Mustang Powertrain
The 2023 Mustang is expected to be powered by the following powertrain choices:

Now I was hoping that eventually Ford would replace the 2.3T for the 2.7TT, but seeing that, they are planning on KEEPING the 2.3T and adding another EB to the line, the 3.5TT.

Now, the 3.5TT makes some good power, as of 2017 its 470 lb-ft and 375 HP. Assuming they actually DO end up using the 3.5TT, how would that affect the LINE UP of the mustang in terms of performance?

I could be totally OFF here but wouldnt that put the 3.5TT at about the same as the GT?
It'd make s SH*T ton of torque (more than the GT) at a low RPM.

So my questions out of pure curiosity is:
How would that affect the line up? If at all.
Given they keep the line up at 2.3t, 3.5tt, 5.0, what would be the price range of the 3.5tt, would the 5.0 go up? or would both be about the same? My GUESS would be that the 3.5TT would be slightly more expensive.
In terms of PURE performance, not sound, which would you pick, the 3.5TT or 5.0?

Last edited:

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
It will be nice if it's really on the CD6. And if they keep it the same size.
I have a '14 GT that I really like, and I'm fixing to skip the S550.
If I was ready to buy a new car, I'd get a '20 GT-PP in Grabber Lime...but I'm just not ready.

I'm really looking forward to the next gen. I hope to see some mules and such soon.

Nice find.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I JUST came across this site from Ford:
https://fordauthority.com/fmc/ford/ford-mustang/2023-ford-mustang/

2023 Mustang Powertrain
The 2023 Mustang is expected to be powered by the following powertrain choices:

Now I was hoping that eventually Ford would replace the 2.3T for the 2.7TT, but seeing that, they are planning on KEEPING the 2.3T and adding another EB to the line, the 3.5TT.

Now, the 3.5TT makes some good power, as of 2017 its 470 lb-ft and 375 HP. Assuming they actually DO end up using the 3.5TT, how would that affect the LINE UP of the mustang in terms of performance?

I could be totally OFF here but wouldnt that put the 3.5TT at about the same as the GT?
It'd make s SH*T ton of torque (more than the GT) at a low RPM.

So my questions out of pure curiosity is:
How would that affect the line up? If any
Given they keep the line up at 2.3t, 3.5tt, 5.0, what would be the price range of the 3.5tt, would the 5.0 go up? or would both be about the same?
In terms of PURE performance, not sound, which would you pick, the 3.5TT or 5.0?
It's an interesting theoretical exercise, but it's all based on complete guesses. And Ford has nothing to do with that site.

" Please note that Ford Authority is a product of Motrolix LLC and is not sponsored, owned, or in any other way condoned by Ford Motor Company, its brands, subsidiaries, or partners."

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
It's an interesting theoretical exercise, but it's all based on complete guesses. And Ford has nothing to do with that site.

" Please note that Ford Authority is a product of Motrolix LLC and is not sponsored, owned, or in any other way condoned by Ford Motor Company, its brands, subsidiaries, or partners."
Thanks for pointing that out. I did not notice.
But lets just play a game here lol

out of pure curiosity
Given they keep the line up at 2.3t, 3.5tt, 5.0, what would be the price range of the 3.5tt, would the 5.0 go up? or would both be about the same? My GUESS would be that the 3.5TT would be slightly more expensive.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Thanks for pointing that out. I did not notice.
But lets just play a game here lol

out of pure curiosity
I don't think they'll drop the 3.5L EB into the 650. It would cause GTs to lose sales.

Could be wrong though.

I'm more interested to see the new car's curb weight and other dimensions.

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
I don't think they'll drop the 3.5L EB into the 650. It would cause GTs to lose sales.

Could be wrong though.

I'm more interested to see the new car's curb weight and other dimensions.
I hope they dont keep ADDING weight. The electric AWD , though, it will be hefty.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
I hope they dont keep ADDING weight. The electric AWD , though, it will be hefty.
Probably will. But hope springs eternal. The S550 was supposed to be smaller and lighter than the S197, but Ford couldn't help itself.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
D
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I thought I read (here, I think...and potentially also as speculation) that the S650 was going to ride on a heavily revised version of whatever the S550 is on right now, and that the CD6 would be for what comes after the S650.

As for the potential powertrain choices...maybe the V6 option is coming back to slowly lure people away from the I-4? Like 2015-2017 but in reverse? The V8 AWD hybrid intrigues me the most, but I think I'd have to be making serious income if I'm going to be able to afford that as my next daily driver.

Shawn82

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Treigh
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang HPP
Man I really hope they throw the 3.5 Ecoboost in the lineup as an alternative to the GT. It literally has the potential to be leagues better than the V8 especially with it's torque numbers. It would also lose weight too. I could easily see it being a 3.5 second car. I think it'd be the best thing for the Mustang. I know the sound won't be the best but I'd compromise. Let's hope

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
This article is 5+ months old. There is a thread around here somewhere discussing it.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.