Replacing “5.0” Fender Badge with Tri-Bar Pony Badge

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
The tri-bar pony badges that I have seen online come either with, or without, alignment pins. It seems certain the pins would not line up with the 5,0 guide holes on my fender, and so I would opt for one that does not have alignment pins. Of course, this would make it much more difficult to be precise and symmetrical in the placement, and there would also still be the issue of hiding the exiting alignment holes

Has anyone done this modification to be able to say that the tri-bar pony badge can be attached at a fender location that is both attractive and covering of the holes? …I am not prepared to get involved with body work to do away with the holes.

Thanks
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The tri-bar pony badges that I have seen online come either with, or without, alignment pins. It seems certain the pins would not line up with the 5,0 guide holes on my fender, and so I would opt for one that does not have alignment pins. Of course, this would make it much more difficult to be precise and symmetrical in the placement, and there would also still be the issue of hiding the exiting alignment holes

Has anyone done this modification to be able to say that the tri-bar pony badge can be attached at a fender location that is both attractive and covering of the holes? …I am not prepared to get involved with body work to do away with the holes.

Thanks
This has been asked in the past and as I recall none of the Tribar emblems fully cover the holes. The cheapest option is getting a set of fenders off an Ecoboost and then getting the emblems of your choice.

OP
OP
Bobby57

Bobby57

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
This has been asked in the past and as I recall none of the Tribar emblems fully cover the holes. The cheapest option is getting a set of fenders off an Ecoboost and then getting the emblems of your choice.
An interesting solution. I will check this out.

Thanks
Sponsored