Sponsored

Replace recaro seats with premium leather seats?

2017 gt 350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt 350
Is the wiring in the car to make the power seats work? Is this a direct swap?
Sponsored

S550Ghost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550
The plugs should be there. You can confirm by removing the seat and find the harness.

What you won't get is the heated/cooled controls.

JohnVallo

1 5 4 8 3 7 2 6
Threads
Reaction score
Website
racersreunion.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT350, Shadow Black, Whipple Supercharged
Is the wiring in the car to make the power seats work? Is this a direct swap?
I have a GT350 with Recaros and I can verify, The wiring in the car IS NOT THERE. The wiring harness that comes from the floor does not contain the Power Wires from Fuse Blocks F12 and F13. The connector for the seats, (Ford refers to this as a 16 cavity plug). My Drivers seat harness only has (5) wires in it, and the passenger seat only has (7) wires in it.

psoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT pp
I have a 2015 GT base model that originally came with Recaro seats. I had the car 3 days and swapped a local forum member for his leather premium seats.
I can tell you that the power connector is there and will plug into the seats and will work the adjustment part of the seats. But the cars harness did not have the connector for the heating and cooling. I did this just over a year ago. I still am looking for someone that was successful in getting the heating and cooling to work. I would settle for getting just the cooling to work since I do not drive this car in the winter.

Sponsored

MSMStannyl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium - Triple Yellow
I have a 2015 GT base model that originally came with Recaro seats. I had the car 3 days and swapped a local forum member for his leather premium seats.
I can tell you that the power connector is there and will plug into the seats and will work the adjustment part of the seats. But the cars harness did not have the connector for the heating and cooling. I did this just over a year ago. I still am looking for someone that was successful in getting the heating and cooling to work. I would settle for getting just the cooling to work since I do not drive this car in the winter.
Just curious but how would you get the heating and cooling to work anyway? Does your car have the buttons for those options?

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Just curious but how would you get the heating and cooling to work anyway? Does your car have the buttons for those options?
It wouldn't matter. The recaros do not have heating and cooling elements that need to be in the seat bottoms..
This is what made my choice for premium leather over the recaro option.
Sponsored