Sponsored

Repair quote seems high- what do you think?

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
So I had a minor scrape to the passenger side of my stang. I'm not a paint a body guy, so I didn't know what to expect when getting a quote today. Ill be paying out of pocket for the damage, as to steer clear of my premium going up. Below is the damage my car has, and the quote I was given. The quote is for labor and material only as I didn't need new parts. Does this seem ridiculously high to anyone for the damage?

***Admins, I've posted this here and in TSB, Repair, etc. section. If one needs to be deleted please do so.***
unnamed1.jpg
unnamed.jpg
unnamed4.jpg
Sponsored

Timm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
It looks about right, that appears to be a g ouge in the bumper cover. as well as the quarter. Yes it sucks but it will take some bodywork.

Spykexx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Prem M6, 2019 Charger Scat Pack Plus
Rates look reasonable. Only thing I'd say possibly is maybe supplies are a bit high. But i'd say 800 for that damage is pretty par for the course. Hell I had half that damage on my door and they quoted me 800.

OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
Awesome, thanks for the responses. I talked to the shop and asked about a cash price, he said he'd do it for 700 cash. Never hurts to ask.

vernonator

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT w/PP - Race Red
This is why I have $0 deductible on my cars, it really did not add that much to my bill and I don't have to worry about anything.

Sponsored

jeffdeq

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Convertible White Platinum
The quote looks appropriate. Remember, if you try to get a lower price you may end up with lower quality for a lower price. You generally get what you pay for. If your insurance has a $500 deductible then paying for it out of pocket might be the wise choice. However, if you have no deductible you are paying a very high premium then I would file the claim. That's what you are paying for!

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
What are your deductibles? They are not removing the bumper or headlamps for the repairs? So they will be taping off the headlamps,fender liner and grilles? Good luck with the overspray! Also they could be blending the bumper but are charging for complete refinish?
Can you tell I work in the collision industry.

OP
OP
B4RK3R

B4RK3R

CRWDCTRL
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GT Premium
What are your deductibles? They are not removing the bumper or headlamps for the repairs? So they will be taping off the headlamps,fender liner and grilles? Good luck with the overspray! Also they could be blending the bumper but are charging for complete refinish?
Can you tell I work in the collision industry.

No they are refinishing the whole bumper and fender for that price. They said the whole bumper needed to be refinished to blend property. This place turns out good work and come highly recommended. I just don't know anything about paint and body work, so I didn't really know what to expect.

My deductible is 500.

Southview

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herby
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Convertible
A quality shop would remove and disassemble the parts around the repairs. That would be taking the bumper off, removing everything attached to the bumper,take the right headlamp out, and remove fender splash shield. These parts sit tight against the parts that are going to be painted. If not removed you have a chance for overspray and worse peeling paint if the tape line is not perfect.
It will cost more but you get what you pay for. If they have been in business a long time and are willing to give you a written guarantee,then go for it!:thumbsup:

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
It is a bit too much money. Heck..sand, fill, prime and touch up. Should run no more than $550..

Sponsored

TNcoupe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The supplies look pretty reasonable. Just bought a pint of torch red, reducer, clearcoat, and hardener for my wife's 1955 Thunderbird wheels and it was $176 out the door.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Looks about right to me. I just had my rear bumper and quarter sanded and resprayed thanks to some guy who didn't know where the front end of his truck was pulling into a parking space. Repair was $1014 (thank goodness I didn't have to pay).
Sponsored