Sponsored

Removing the moulding above the windshield??

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
I want to run a power cable for a dashcam under the above windshield moulding and down the inside of the A pillar covering, behind the dash and to my console power outlet.

Anyone done this or something similar? I don't want wiring hanging out all over the place. I would think in a vert it would be easier to do since I would have overhead access, with the top down to work on the wiring as well.

Any thoughts??? Thanx:D
Sponsored

Hellman109

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Convertible (See my garage)
Vehicle Showcase
Its harder then the coupe as they get a split in the top corners at the top of the A pillar

You will want a trim tool, however many dash cams with hard wire kits come with them, otherwise Ebay or such for like $2.

OK, the trick overall is to take out the sun visor, its screws and hook keep the entire top and and A pillar molding locked down. I went via the right (drivers side on my car) and just removed the right hand visor. Without doing that you just cant get the wires under the panels.

Other then that one trick, theres plenty of Mustang hard wire dash cam vids around you can follow to get the side trim out and such, I found that all easy (did it 3 times due to working out the sun visor part and having the wrong fuse taps). I used a Power Magic Pro and a fuse tap kit personally as its totally out of sight, if you're going to the console power outlet you should be able to hide it around the foot well area.

OP
OP
Fordever

Fordever

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS Convertible
Its harder then the coupe as they get a split in the top corners at the top of the A pillar

You will want a trim tool, however many dash cams with hard wire kits come with them, otherwise Ebay or such for like $2.

OK, the trick overall is to take out the sun visor, its screws and hook keep the entire top and and A pillar molding locked down. I went via the right (drivers side on my car) and just removed the right hand visor. Without doing that you just cant get the wires under the panels.

Other then that one trick, theres plenty of Mustang hard wire dash cam vids around you can follow to get the side trim out and such, I found that all easy (did it 3 times due to working out the sun visor part and having the wrong fuse taps). I used a Power Magic Pro and a fuse tap kit personally as its totally out of sight, if you're going to the console power outlet you should be able to hide it around the foot well area.
Thank you for the response. This sounds like a rainy day job. I hadn’t thought about just removing one side. I was gonna haul it all down. But thats a great idea. It would save time and some patience. :D