Sponsored

Removing insulation blanket inside hood?

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I don't seem to recall my 2015 having an insulation blanket. Maybe it did and I'm just not remembering things :p

Well, my 2016 definitely does...and I'm wondering why it's there. I know that a cool looking stamped in pony logo lies underneath :thumbsup:

What harm could be done by taking the said blanket out? :shrug:
Sponsored

KadenW23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kaden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Oxford White Ecoboost
Not too sure, but I have a 2015 and it came automatically with one. but I removed it and haven't had any problems with it what so ever. just kind of a pain to remove.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
I took mine off a couple weeks after I got my car is dec 2014. No problems at all with it removed. I'm guessing it's there for sound deadening more than anything else.

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I ditched mine when I went aftermarket. No issues with the fiberglass good as of yet!

Sponsored

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
any new insights to this? i want to remove mine as well, since it always soaks up water while washing the car und it takes forever to dry. Plus one more thin: if it has a heat insulation effect, wouldnt it be beneficial to remove it?

Ron@cp-e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
whoosh
Vehicle(s)
2015 EBM
any new insights to this? i want to remove mine as well, since it always soaks up water while washing the car und it takes forever to dry. Plus one more thin: if it has a heat insulation effect, wouldnt it be beneficial to remove it?
take a walk on the wild side:D

my car is a daily driver

haven't had it for well over 10,000 miles
no issues

EAndre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
E
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost Base 6MT Recaros Sold
In my past experience with an older fox mustang I had paint discoloration do to the heat coming from the engine, now this is also in south Florida heat and I think the paint was some cheap after market stuff

CommyO

Is it a v8?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB Premium PP
I'm keeping it. Prevents the hood from getting crazy hot and being prone to dents. Plus it looks really bland without some contrast.

OP
OP
ElAviator72

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
In my past experience with an older fox mustang I had paint discoloration do to the heat coming from the engine, now this is also in south Florida heat and I think the paint was some cheap after market stuff
Hell, I had a '93 T-Bird that had paint flaking in the radiator area, and this was the factory paint job and everything was totally stock :p

I don't think Ford was thinking about desert dwellers who drove their cars on 100+ degree days back then..and the car was Cayman Green (awesome color, BTW...wish Ford would bring it back on the 'stang!). I paid the dealer body shop to touch up the paint in that area, and I never had the issue again for the next two years or so that I owned the car...(it was a family hand-me-down, I got it when it was about 3 years old and had about 40k miles on it).
Sponsored