Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
I've lost all faith in their products. :frusty: Long story short:

Girlfriend bought me the LED conversion kit (glove, backup, trunk, map light combo) Xmas 14 after I got my GT. Took over a month to received, after several emails of "Its shipping tomorrow, don't worry!" it only shipped once I complained on here.

I then later bought the switchback turn LEDs and have flickering issues or getting stuck on amber issues with them. Come to find out later they had sent a blast email out mentioning problems with QC on a batch and would send replacements. I was in the delivery window for the bad batch but wasn't contacted. Only after directly contacting DD, did they inform me of the issue and reship replacements (which only included Amber/White combo bulb, no side marker).

Now today on my way into work, the side marker bulb for the switchback LED (not the Amber white combo bulb) is out. So I have a mismatching car since the other side works and the turn signal light is obviously brighter. Glad my new car looks run down with broken lights.

Diode Dynamics is a joke. I've called them a scam before and frankly they still seem like one. I'm pulling all of these bulbs out of my car. I'm also asking the forum moderators to consider revoking Diode's sponsor status on this forum. They shouldn't let companies with such poor products and service on here. It tarnishes the reputation of the forum or makes it look like the mods are being paid off to ignore complaints.

Thanks,
Mike
Sponsored

dgc333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I am very happy with the service, speed of delivery and the quality of the bulbs I have received from Diode Dynamics for all of my cars.

Dave

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
I've got a full all around LED conversion from DD since May '15 and haven't had a single issue with one of them. Always fast shipping. I'm about to order some footwell lighting from them at the moment.

1-2% failure rate does not a bad company make...

OP
OP

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
I've got a full all around LED conversion from DD since May '15 and haven't had a single issue with one of them. Always fast shipping. I'm about to order some footwell lighting from them at the moment.

1-2% failure rate does not a bad company make...
Its closer to 25% failure rate with the products I've purchased from them.

02blackgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Comp Orange GT PP
Sounds like it could be an installation problem. I had one slight fitment issue with the sidemarker lights for my switchbacks but it was nothing a little sanding on the plastic edge didn't fix.

Sponsored

caustin69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic GT500/ 2021 F150
I have been running DD complete kit for @ 1 year now with no issues at all.

OP
OP

Mizzle51

Green Machine
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Prem PP1 Black
Sounds like it could be an installation problem. I had one slight fitment issue with the sidemarker lights for my switchbacks but it was nothing a little sanding on the plastic edge didn't fix.
I've reseated the side marker lights three times to fix issues with the Switchbacks. (reseated them while I was doing the switchbacks.)

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
Obviously meant percent of customers. And even 1% is likely a high estimate. You got unlucky, or did something wrong. Welcome to the car modding world, enjoy your stay.

Diode Dynamics

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.diodedynamics.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost
I've lost all faith in their products. :frusty: Long story short:

Girlfriend bought me the LED conversion kit (glove, backup, trunk, map light combo) Xmas 14 after I got my GT. Took over a month to received, after several emails of "Its shipping tomorrow, don't worry!" it only shipped once I complained on here.

I then later bought the switchback turn LEDs and have flickering issues or getting stuck on amber issues with them. Come to find out later they had sent a blast email out mentioning problems with QC on a batch and would send replacements. I was in the delivery window for the bad batch but wasn't contacted. Only after directly contacting DD, did they inform me of the issue and reship replacements (which only included Amber/White combo bulb, no side marker).

Now today on my way into work, the side marker bulb for the switchback LED (not the Amber white combo bulb) is out. So I have a mismatching car since the other side works and the turn signal light is obviously brighter. Glad my new car looks run down with broken lights.

Diode Dynamics is a joke. I've called them a scam before and frankly they still seem like one. I'm pulling all of these bulbs out of my car. I'm also asking the forum moderators to consider revoking Diode's sponsor status on this forum. They shouldn't let companies with such poor products and service on here. It tarnishes the reputation of the forum or makes it look like the mods are being paid off to ignore complaints.

Thanks,
Mike
Hello Mike,

First off, I apologize for any issues you may have experienced with our switchback turn signal kit. We've issued full refunds to those who ordered from the defective production run. We didn't require customers to send the items back for the full refund. We've replaced all malfunctioning switchback kits for customers who called us to report issues free of charge.

We have always been honest and transparent with our customers, and members of this forum. Our biggest priority is making sure our customers have a great experience and are receive excellent service.

Our engineering team went to great lengths to redesign the switchback bulbs and we worked tirelessly to keep customers updated throughout the process. We didn't relist the switchback kit on the site until all warranty orders were fulfilled.

To receive a warranty replacement, all you have to do is contact our team via email or phone. We try to respond to the every email we receive within 24 hours during the week.

In regards to your sidemarker bulb, the 194 HP3. They are extremely reliable, with a failure rate less than 0.1% with a sample size well above 10,000 units+. 99% of the time someone experiences an issue, it's caused by the metal pins on the bulb not making proper contact with the metal tabs inside the factory socket. If you remove the bulb, bend the pins away from the base of the bulb and re-insert it into the socket, it should make proper contact with the socket and light up correctly.

If you attempt that troubleshooting method and the LED still doesn't illuminate, we will send you warranty replacements at no cost, just give us a call: (314) 205-3033 or email: [email protected]

Furthermore, our company is no joke. We have been in business 10 years. We back our products with a truly industry-leading warranty, and always assist our customers with any issue, big or small. We employ over 30 hardworking Americans (and counting) and manufacture as many items here in the United States as possible. Our engineering team goes to great lengths to develop unique products and we provide accurate lumen measurements so you, the customer, are not mislead by false information. In an industry plagued by misinformation and poor product quality, we are doing our part to improve the industry as a whole and keep customers informed of what constitutes a quality LED.

I understand how frustrating it can be when a product isn't functioning correctly, whether it's caused by improper installation, or defect, but either way, contacting our customer service team should always be your first step in troubleshooting, and we are always here to help if you need us.

One phone call or email to our team, and you are guaranteed to get it working, or have a replacement sent to correct the problem.

If you need any further assistance Mike, feel free to contact me directly. I assure you, we are here to help and we want to make sure your products are working correctly.

Thank you,

Nick C.
Sales Manager
Diode Dynamics
(314) 205-3033 ext. 206

Last edited:

Slyfox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver 2015 mustang
Well put Nick. My car has these installed and have had no problems with any of them.
Glove box light
dome lights
trunk light
switchback (new style)
tail light sequence
4th brake light
DD Has always given me great customer service and very fast shipping
Thanks to your team!!!

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC
Locking thread until OP and vendor resolve their differences.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.