Sponsored

Remote Kill Switch, manual transmission

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Fairly easy to do. The biggest challenge for me was where to put the micro toggle switch. I wanted it to be discrete yet convenient, I couldn't find an ideal spot. Ended up putting it just above the tilt lever on the steering column.

There are two wires on the switch under the clutch pedal, the green/black wire is the one that you splice the toggle switch into.

Works perfectly...throw toggle switch car WILL NOT start! Flip switch car starts normally...
wp_ss_20150808_0001.jpg
WP_20150808_09_30_51_Pro.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
Not very conspicuous...
I searched high and low for a good place for that toggle, hopefully someone smarter than me can do better.

It's really just something to slow up a thief enough for me to get a bead on him with my .45 :D

Last edited:

Torsen

Scott Wilson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MEB 6MT
This is cool, but tbh its pretty damn hard to steal a key fobbed car right? I always wondered if a thief could just pull up the center console, unplug the connection and just put some sort of component to bypass the fob

OP
OP
doulos4jc

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
My mindset was....I'm at a gas station or if I'm out and about and some douchebag shoves a gun in my face and says "gimme the keys". I know it's not likely. The kill switch is just another layer of insurance and security.

Sponsored

John S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Performance Pack
My mindset was....I'm at a gas station or if I'm out and about and some douchebag shoves a gun in my face and says "gimme the keys". I know it's not likely. The kill switch is just another layer of insurance and security.
I have insurance for this very reason. They can have the car. I'll get another. BTW don't most car thieves go under the column looking for wires? Having a switch that is literally right where they are going to go is kinda pointless in my opinion.

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
Many thieves don't know how to drive stick shift, so that's a deterrent by itself !!

Doug

stangs-R-me

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
1969 GT & 2016 EB Mustangs
I completely forgot about this thread ... ok, well, quite honestly don't remember posting in it !!

Great idea though OP ... now that I actually own a S550, I might just have to search for a little less conspicuous but similarly convenient spot ... a low profile black push-button switch would be a little more stealthy too.

Doug

Sponsored

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Now with newer technology it could be easier than you think... There's devices that you can stand next to that person and pick up the signal and replicate the fob. Instead of a switch I would've used an RFID card or badge. Something invisible that you can hide somewhere in the car and with just a swipe it'll simulate your toggle switch. I might do that pretty soon!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
This reminds me of a similar switch I had under the seat of my 88 Trans Am. Was a rubber pressure switch under the carpet.
Let's get a bit more high tech, how about a magnetic switch somewhere in plain sight, like behind the "shaker" emblem. Similar to the home alarm window switches.
Impossible to detect. Disguise the magnet as a USB.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
The whole electronic car thief thing is true, but the Mustang has a card up its sleeve. If you use intelligent access instead of clicking the key fob, you wouldn't be transmitting a signal the same way you do if you press the key fob. I almost always use intelligent access instead of the key fob.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
The whole electronic car thief thing is true, but the Mustang has a card up its sleeve. If you use intelligent access instead of clicking the key fob, you wouldn't be transmitting a signal the same way you do if you press the key fob. I almost always use intelligent access instead of the key fob.
What do you mean by "Intelligent access"? You mean that not touching the button but just by passing by and put your hand in the handle to unlock? (This is still by-passable...) One guy follows you with a device while the other has another device next to your car and it extend the range of the cheap that's in the fob... Still need a kill switch IMHO... Look it up. This is why in all my car (Except this one "yet") I did a kill switch.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Park away from the crowds and dont.let any scumbags with backpacks within 10 feet of you. Sometimes I envy the states with exposed carry laws.
Sponsored