Sponsored

Remote clutch reservoir install (with pics)

Crstfr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
Bringing this thread back. Couldn't find a viable option for my 19. So I fabbed my own.

I used the existing hole in the strut mount, 1" aluminum strap, and the GM reservoir. Haven't run the tubing to it yet, but it's mounted. The only drilling I had to do was to the aluminum strap.

ODVI3867.JPG

Lock washers or nylock everywhere. And soft rubber behind anything that might rub against metal.
BZCZ7367.JPG

View attachment 507441

Picking up a hose, a plug, and clamps later today. But doesn't look horrible, or out of place, really.
Sponsored

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Like the idea of a separate reservoir. Curious why ya did not just drill 2 holes matching the reservoir mount, rubber washers on the back side.

Posting a mod you'll always get opinions . A factory install would be a tad cleaner, the RH strap looks out of place, after thought.

You happy all that matters, again good idea.

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
Came down to I just didn't want to drill through the metal on the strut mount. That and it wouldn't have sat level - which would have driven the OCD in me absolutely crazy. :crackup:

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I'd like one too, but not that far away. May I ask why you wanted to add it? And how are you going to plug the brake fluid reservoir? I'd only add it if I didn't have to change anything, meaning right there, so re-using the existing line... but there's no space. So will leave it alone. However, I did secure the connection with a small zip-tie to the reservoir, and the line with another larger zip-tie to avoid the downward pressure. Good luck.

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
I'd like one too, but not that far away. May I ask why you wanted to add it? And how are you going to plug the brake fluid reservoir? I'd only add it if I didn't have to change anything, meaning right there, so re-using the existing line... but there's no space. So will leave it alone. However, I did secure the connection with a small zip-tie to the reservoir, and the line with another larger zip-tie to avoid the downward pressure. Good luck.
There's a t fitting in the opening, a silicone cap over that, and then a nylon cap over that. And you're right, there's zero room right there, even with the noise tube out.

One track event where I cooked the fluid, made me nervous.

Sponsored

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I did this on my 2013. I also replaced the brake reservoir with one from an automatic car instead of plugging line. Was resonably priced.

Last edited:

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I was thinking of doing this mod too. Will you please post updated pics once you get the lines all hooked up? Thanks.

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
This is the only part I don't particularly care for, but it works for now. (And I still need to remove the noise tube) ;)

IMG_7786.JPG

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
On my 2013, i was able to mount on the back side of the tower and the hose connected right up.

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
On my 2013, i was able to mount on the back side of the tower and the hose connected right up.
On my 19, the line lock fills the back of that space, there's no room right there, unfortunately.
CDCT7918.JPG
re's zero room there, unfortunately.

Sponsored

only_1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Would you mind sharing the part number for that reservoir?

Edit: I found it. 92065790 GM

Last edited:

Joe 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP
Vehicle Showcase
Excuse my ignorance, but what's the purpose of this mod?

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
Since the clutch is tied to the brake fluid, heat/crude gets into the clutch hydraulics from the brakes. Mostly a problem for cars going to road racing tracks where brake fluid heats up with hard braking depending on run time, and this can effect clutch activation. Probably never see on a street only vehicle.

OP
OP
Crstfr

Crstfr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christopher
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer Sport
Since the clutch is tied to the brake fluid, heat/crude gets into the clutch hydraulics from the brakes. Mostly a problem for cars going to road racing tracks where brake fluid heats up with hard braking depending on run time, and this can effect clutch activation. Probably never see on a street only vehicle.
Thanks Ken, couldn't have said it better ;)
Sponsored